Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Currency for Singapore Airport?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

USD?

Got a 4 hour break on our flight to Oz on Monday so was just sorting out some money. USD best option?

jam-bo

credit card?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Don't posses one.

mcboo
    Free Member

If you have 4hrs jump in a cab and go into town for a drink and something lovely to eat. Yes Changi is the worlds best airport but the city centre is only 15 mins in a cab.

Get some SGD from the ATMs at the airport or beforehand, cabs and food are cheap, beers arent. Get the cabbie to drop you at Boat Quay. Yes it's a bit busy and touristy but its all there, locals and expats all out there too.

If you dont go into town I'm sure USD will be fine in the airport, AUD too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Get a cab and agree a price for the full four hours and have a bit of a tour. That's what we did and it was worth it.

We used USD IIRC.

uplink
    Free Member

Changi airport will give you a free tour of Singapore – no need to pay

-m-
    Free Member

Free Singapore tour

If you're stuck in the airport there are a couple of pay-to-enter lounges where you can get a shower, drink etc. There is also the fabled swimming pool, but I've never seen/found it.

EDIT: And I'm never quite sure where this "best airport in the world" thing comes from. It's a big airport with the usual facilities and lots of shops, that's about it…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough, but then you get to go where they want to take you. For the really cheap taxi fare, you get to go where you want. We did China Town, the butterfly gardens and the big hill overlooking the bay IIRC (it was a while ago and I forget names of places

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Hmm… I don't think, after 13 hours of flying, either of us will want to venture out further than the airport itself. We'll just be onsite, stretching out and trying some nice nosh (although the thought of a nice shower is appealing!).

Is Singapore cheap for gadgets?

mcboo
    Free Member

Buying gadgets in Asia is just about the least relaxing thing you could do there. I really wouldnt if you want some down time after a flight.

uplink
    Free Member

@ £20 the Skyview Lounge is nice

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You can get a room very cheap in the onsite hotel and pay by the hour – great for a bit of quiet and a freshen-up…

bruneep

You can get a room very cheap in the onsite hotel and pay by the hour – great for a bit of…….love you long time $5? 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

After sitting next to my wife for 13 hours, that's the LAST thing that will be on my mind. Especially if her f@rts are anything like they've been tonight!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Currency for Singapore Airport?’ is closed to new replies.