Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cryptocurrency Mining
  • jolmes
    Free Member

I’ve found myself with a completely spare computer after a big upgrade which appears to suit the recommended builds for starting out mining. I understand the concept of it, just curious if anyone has any real world experiences??

Drac

Good luck as there’s some big leagues play that game.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not got any first hand experiences, but do some checking up regarding expected costs vs profit.
    Last time I checked into it (which was ages ago admittedly), unless you were running an ASIC the electricity costs of running your mining rig outweighed any likely gains.

jolmes
    Free Member

That’s a pretty mining farm. The prospect of it seems good but you’re right. to gain anything substantial i’d need another 5 gfx cards which would automatically outweigh the input/output cost.

On a positive note, my gfx card is worth more now than when i bought it! Might have to sell it for a new one.

Cougar

Bitcoin mining gets progressively harder over time. If you want to mine them with a regular PC you’re about 8 years too late.

Cougar

Random aside, a mate of mine got into this quite early. He was really happy when he sold what he had, made £200.

If he’d kept them, last time he checked they’d now be worth about £58,000.

Drac

Not just your mate Cougar.

Oh dear.

jolmes
    Free Member

reminds me of this

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25134289

Time to go digging?

Cougar

Oh dear.

Ouch.

jimjam
    Free Member

What’s the point of mining Bitcoin when the impending nuclear war will wipe out the internet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cryptocurrency Mining’ is closed to new replies.