Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CRC, good service, but how big a box??
  • ronjeremy
    Free Member

Morning all, just thought I’d share this as it made me and my postie smile this morning. Ordered some new jockeys wheels the other day from CRC, now one was out of stock, which isnt a hassle as I really only needed one but thought I would change them both whilst I was at it. So there was me expect the usual padded jiffy bag type envelope, however what they actually sent was

Yep, an A4 box 330x210x30mm, and yes that is the jockey wheel in the right hand corner, now I’m not complaining as the item arrived and swiftly, but as I said it make me and my mtb riding postie laugh, and maybe might have the same effect on a few of you.

(dog included for scale, oh and because she is nosey)

alanm
    Free Member

I had the same size box for a headset o-ring

rideallday77
    Free Member

I had the same size for a hose olive and barb.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Yup, same size box for 2 new mono m4 reservoir cap bolts…… Slight overkill. Maybe they have run out of jiffy bags.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Have you seen the size of their bike boxes? They are hilariously massive. The only way they could be any bigger is if they supplied the handlebars fully fitted.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve noticed this too. Not quite as silly as your example though.

Wiggle are bad for this too. Had a handlebar arrive in a box that you could fit a medium sized dog in.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Got same box for 3 powerlinks. Arrived quickly though and I recycled the box, so all’s well etc. etc.

Oggles
    Free Member

Just getting their money’s worth from the postal service.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

A packet of ball bearings for a Shimano XT hub

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cost aint it, they are bad, not really reuseable

however, they aint dell

http://www.bitterwallet.com/hello-is-that-dell-id-like-to-order-65-screws-please/40217

rustler
    Free Member

Ergon grips had the most stupidly OTT packaging I’ve ever seen. Actually had a specially machined plastic shaft, & some posh stainless button heads to hold one of the grips. My workmates couldn’t believe it.

kimbers

i had the exact same thing this mornin

crown race in an a4 sized box!

squiff
    Free Member

You can all send your CRC boxes to me. They are perfick for my business, but unlike CRC I fill them.

loddrik
    Free Member

Same size box for a headset spacer.

matthewjb
    Free Member

CRC used to be better at this.

I’ve had two tyres delivered with just some tape holding them together and an address label.

T666DOM

Same box for a front mech shim, but at least my invoice didn’t have a nasty fold down the middle, nice and flat at the bottom of the box!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had the same for a bottle cage. I can only assume that someone at crc has crouched the numbers and this is cheaper for them than lots of different sized jiffy bags.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CRC, good service, but how big a box??’ is closed to new replies.