Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Crap Riders & Niche Bikes
  • emac65
    Free Member

when ss bikes first started to appear, I thought they were for poor folk or studenty types with no cash. I’ve since realised they are for exhibitionists

They’re just above Cotic riders imho

BigJohn

I’ll ride whateva the hell I like & J-bore & his 58yr old friends can kiss my hairy arse….

Oi! I’m only 55. And I’ve got a cold sore.

And I ride better when I take my gears off, but that’s because it stops me being lazy and just spinning in the granny ring.

And the other day when I went round Follow the Dog with a 27″ wheel fixie with mudguards and panniers was only because the fork off my Cotic ws back at Magura being serviced and stretched to 130mm.

And I think you’ll find Scruff isn’t illiterate. He’s Iwittewate.

scruff
    Free Member

And I’ve got a cold sore ANUS

Keep that to yourself please John.

biff

wankstrong

Peregrine
    Free Member

brant
    Free Member
    samuri
    Free Member

Anyone who has to buy gears or suspension must be rubbish, why else would they buy them?

because they don’t want to be like you?

LOL! That’s preposterous, nice troll though.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It’s a noble troll, which has generated a lot of bites. Here’s another. I have been half-looking for a new bike recently. I can afford more-or-less whatever I fancy, and people have been telling me how awesome a bike I could have if I spent at the top end of my budget on something really good. Loads pof travel, they say, amazing brakes, super-light, you’ll never go back to all that rigid nonsense.

Y’know, I can’t be bothered. I am a middle aged man, who mostly lives in an office. I’m fit enough to ride, and none too shabby a rider, but I’m not freeride god material, I can’t win races that anyone else turns up to, I don’t nail rad and gnarly lines, I just hang on, avoid porpoising and chuckle at the bottom if it’s gone well. Then usually have some tea, and a bun, to keep the weight on. And I look at the view, spot birds, poke my nose into churches, sit outside pubs and watch people go by etc. I’m not sure my bike counts as “niche” for these purposes, or whether it’s just a bit carp. It just does pretty much the liimits of what I can do. Which is not “progressing” particularly, is not getting RADder with every passing year, is not going to get me on any podiums, or make it essential that I get a tattoo on my knob. Something like that. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Personally, I prefer my trolls to have more subtlety. This does seem to have worked though.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Crap Riders & Niche Bikes’ is closed to new replies.