Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Crap job for the morn/afternoon
  • Olly
    Free Member

Todays office job is to make a whole HEAP of changes to a report ive written. checked over by another, though slightly higher employee.

there is MORE "red pen" on this report than thier is bubbly inkjet ink.
    and now ive started, im getting more and more wound up.

ive just had to change an entire page of modifications along the lines of :

probability > likelyhood

YARGH!!!!
    too all intense purposes, and certainly for the purpouses of a bloody environmental report, its the same thing!

ALSO, why the funk is it company policy to refer to "photographs" as "plates" when they ARE NOT BLOODY PLATES!

"but its company policy"
    "its wrong"!!
    "but its company policy"

i wouldnt mind so much if they didnt get so worked up over some tiny details, and then brush over blatent bull poop like that.

and breathe
    i will more than likely be back shortly with an example of bullpoop editing from page 2, then page 3 and so on.

Olly
    Free Member

collection by grab lorries > removal by grab lorries.

(i recognise some of them are appropriate btw)

DezB
    Free Member

i will more than likely be back shortly

My breath is well and truly bated..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flippinheckler
    Free Member

They sound very anally retentive full of their own self important quangos..go get a real job with real people! 😉

Pook

"likelyhood" is spelled "likelihood".

Disregard their entire opinion based on this error.

dmiller
    Free Member

I have to do this from time to time. Try and spell rude words down the side with the first letter or last letter of the lines.

For example its not unsual nor
    unexpected that things like this
    can end up getting out of hand.
    Kind words from managers can help
    you here.

On the other hand sometimes its
    unavoidable and needs done.

Always makes me smile.

😉

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Todays[b]Today's[/b] office job is to make a whole HEAP of changes to a report ive I've written. c Checked over by another, though slightly higher employee.

t[b]T[/b]here is MORE "red pen" on this report than thier there is bubbly inkjet ink.
    and n[b]N[/b]ow ive started, im getting more and more wound up.

ive I've just had to change an entire page of modifications along the lines of :

probability > likelyhood

YARGH!!!!
    too[b]To[/b] all intense intents and purposes, and certainly for the purpouses purposes of a bloody environmental report, its the same thing!

ALSO, why the funk is it company policy to refer to "photographs" as "plates" when they ARE NOT BLOODY PLATES!

"but its company policy"
    "its wrong"!!
    "but its company policy"

i wouldnt I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't get so worked up over some tiny details, and then brush over blatent bull poop like that.

and breathe
    i will more than likely be back shortly with an example of bullpoop editing from page 2, then page 3 and so on.

😉

Olly
    Free Member

lol, cheers sam. if you could go and mark up all the posts ive made today, that would be great! (and keep you busy for a fair while, as im still only on page 3 thanks to singletrack 😉

…you can tell its ego feeding anal retentivity when hes doing the same kind of thing to sections that are part of the report template we are supposed to use.

i reckon, if i made all the template changes hes made on this report, on the next report, they would probably get changed back again….

porterclough
    Free Member

Having someone proof read your writing is good for you. Take it like a man and ask for more 😉

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I too used to get wound up by this… spending hours trying to finesse reports as much as I could before submitting them for approval. I realised prety quickly that, whoever reads it, they'll want to put their mark on it, so it was only worth putting real effort into the bits that I felt were important and correct to emphasise and chuck (metaphorically, perhaps) any old guff into the other unimportant sections so that whoever is approving it can have their wet dream of verbose drivel and red pen there. Works pretty well 😉 I do like that 'first letter' game though…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Crap job for the morn/afternoon’ is closed to new replies.