Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cracked Lapierre Zesty 514 frame
  • aquamac
    Free Member

Hi there,
    I’ve got a 2010 Lapierre Zesty frame, bought it second hand and after a while noticed it had a slight crack in the rear triangle. I know this is a hotly discussed topic. I contacted Lapierre to see if I could get a replacement, willing to purchase obviously as I didn’t buy it new, they said contact a local dealer which I did and they only replace items for the original purchaser with reciepts. Does anyone know of a successful workaround? I was going to see if there was anyone that has an original 2010 Zesty that would be able to get the part and I could buy off them? or something, I don’t want to get rid of the bike as it rides beautifully but am ticked off Lapierre won’t even allow the purchase of a replacement part. Any help appreciated.

wwaswas

I can’t help but it does seem to me that Lapierre killing the secondhand market for their frames must hit sales of new bikes to people who don’t buy a bike for life.

chakaping
    Free Member

did you ask the original owner to help out already?

aquamac
    Free Member

Definitely, I’d think twice in the future. I can’t get hold of the original owner so no help there.

Legoman
    Free Member

sorry, can’t help either, but I have to agree with wwaswas.
    This issue was the exact reason Lapierre wasn’t on the list for my recent ‘nearly new’ purchase.

kilo

somebody like this?

http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk/mountain-bike-repairs_6.html

As legoman says these lapierre threads /issues stopped mrs k buying one

aquamac
    Free Member

Thanks kilo, I’ll give them a shout.

aquamac
    Free Member

Stoked! Spoke to 2 local dealers who both said a big NO to buying spare parts, had to twist the arm of one to get him to just follow up a phone call. Emailed Lapierre who said they have no problem selling spare parts to customers and put me in contact with someone that would help. My local bike shop (not a Lap dealer) is happily sorting it for me! Turns out Lapierre are not the problem but useless little shops with crap customer service. Long live the Zesty!

rewski
    Free Member

That’s good to hear, especially being a 2010 owner. Who’s your LBS, if you don’t mind saying.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Maybe the other shops told you ‘no’ because you used the word ‘stoked’?

shermer75
    Free Member

Stoked like a stoker from the coast of kuala lumpur?

aquamac
    Free Member

John’s bikes in Bath came through. Let me just get one more in… STOKED!

Sancho
    Free Member

and not all little shops are useless, were little and awesome and Im stoked you got sorted 🙂 we do Lapierre too.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m STOKED for you! Awesome bike DUDE! 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

😀

aquamac
    Free Member

I’m just feedin off this energy. Dude, SOO STOKED! 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cracked Lapierre Zesty 514 frame’ is closed to new replies.