Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cove G-Spot with 140mm forks
  • humphry456
    Free Member

Hi all

I looking at getting a G-Spot frame. I do plan to get some 160mm forks in the future, but in the meantime I would have to run my 140mm RS Pikes.

Does anyone here do this with a g-spot? Will it just feel horrible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rickos
    Free Member

It’ll be fine I’d have thought. G-Spots are slack enough and have a high BB, so 20mm less fork might make it nicer in a less perched on the bike way.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

I had a 06 g spot with pikes on and I rode Vancouver North Shore and Whistler on it without many problems. Only problem I encountered was sometimes when jumping if I didn’t remember to pull up on the bars it would go into a dead sailor nose dive, though I never fell off beacuse of it, just scared the life out of me!!

It definately feels better with longer forks though. I don’t know if the geometries changed on the new ones though.

Valleyboy
    Free Member

i’ve got a 2010 G Spot had it about 2 weeks, i’ve set my up with 160m U turn Lyrics and its mint, i must confess that although its an “all mountain” you do feel a little perched on top of the bike when doing any type of climbing or xc type stuff and i find the top tube a little short (i’m 5 11″ and i ride a large), i must stress this is a minor criticism and it may be that i need to get used to the slightly different angles from my previous 5 spot?.

That said as soon as you lower the saddle and point it down hill its ace, i had it at the downhill at Hamsterley on Sunday and it handled everything. So far really impressed with it, going home to Wales in fortnight and have an uplift session at Cwmcarn booked for the Thursday with a mate can’t wait!!

so to answer you question i think i would be fine, i ride with an XC club on a weekday evening and wind the forks right down to 115mm and apart from first point (feeling a little perched on the bike) it actually peddles and climbs really well.

I’m not that bothered about bike weight built my up with coil forks. SLX, hope pro 2 wheels, hope M4 tech brakes, minion dual ply DH tyres and weighs in around 34lbs.

Any other questions just ask

Cheers

Nick

humphry456
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

rclvp
    Free Member

Not to be a spamming sales person, but I have a Large blue G-Spot with Gold pivots that I’m going to upload here to sell tomorrow. It’s brand new and will come with a Chris King Devoloution headset (tapered). I bought it two months ago but need to sell it. I’m looking for £1500. rtc dot photo at yahoo dot co dot uk is my email if you have any questions.
    I’m really sorry if this is against forum rules, but I’m trying to help another member save some money and afford the 160’s this bike deserves. I might be able to help you with some forks too…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cove G-Spot with 140mm forks’ is closed to new replies.