Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Courier broke my bike
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Aaaaargh

Just had my new bike delivered – broken 🙁

Usual scenario
    Mail order, paid extra for specific delivery, day off work

Box damaged, asked driver to mark as damaged which was far too much trouble
    I signed but couldnt see where hed listed damaged packaging as “its on another screen”

Got inside, took photo before opening and unpacked to find deep scratch in carbon at headtube pretty much where bulk of damage is to packaging

Phoned up dealer and am waiting for customer services to ring me back

Obviously miffed at losing a days holiday and paying for specific delivery today, not sure when they are even going to pick it up either, which will require even more time off

Trying to be positive its snowing so I wouldnt have ridden it today!

Dont think Im being unreasonable to tell them to pick up and get me a new one at my convenience not theirs next time am I?
    Saturday AM for example??

Surely I cant be the first on here to have had this happen

BTW LBS not an option due to circumstances of sale so dont start!

br
    Free Member

I’ve opened a box before that was damaged, before signing.

Courier waited while I did, no real choice. Man up next time.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Bummer!

What frame/who from?

Pictures?

Hope you get sorted quickly.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Yes I take that on the chin *squeak*

But seriously its snowing and I really didnt see that I could unbox it, remove all the packaging and then give it a thorough once over at the road side, although as it turns out the scratch that I can see is pretty obvious

Ta

myheadsashed

you should have written damaged then signed over it on the electronic pad 🙄

or unpacked it.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Sorted

Bike to be collected this afternoon by same courier!
    Delivery cost refunded for today’s fiasco
    New one delivered Saturday, £40 Sat delivery charge dropped after mild sobbing

Guy on phone said not reasonable to completely unpack and inspect at roadside, although I may be a bit more savvy next time

globalti
    Free Member

We sold an almost new road bike on Ebay and it arrived damaged, thanks to TNT. The muppet buyer’s wife signed for it in good condition so we had no comeback. Rather than have a row with the buyer (who was angry and aggressive) we took it back and refunded him then took it up with TNT. In the end they agreed to pay what they WOULD have paid had the buyer signed for the bike as damaged …. the RHA’s measly £15.00 per kilo weight!

Anybody want a repaired, as new condition road bike in 55cm for £680?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmm

The bike has just been collected

I carried it to the gate and carefully handed it over, at which point the driver dropped it onto the kerb whilst he opened the van causing yet more damage to the box

Do these guys even give a toss?

To say I’ll be picky when the replacement arrives is an understatement

timnwild

Which courier firm?

br
    Free Member

I carried it to the gate and carefully handed it over, at which point the driver dropped it onto the kerb whilst he opened the van causing yet more damage to the box

Call the bike supplier and tell them.

xiphon
    Free Member

Do these guys even give a toss?

No, quite frankly.

I bought a bike online, and the shop said they did not send bikes on Thurs or Fri, due to them being “stacked up in a warehouse over the weekend”.

Apparently their ‘damaged returns’ rate went down significantly.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I remember a courier saying he could wait up to 20 mins while I inspected a delivery. I wonder if it’s an industry standard?

Del

TBF something should be adequately packed to withstand a drop from waist height if it’s being shipped. people are people, stuff gets dropped from time to time, no matter how careful we are with stuff. tell me you’ve never broken a plate or anything?
    sounds like it’s all being taken care of, so it’s all good, anyway!

qwerty
    Free Member

Name & fame the bike shop.

BrickMan

erm no, they have to withstand a drop from the back of an artic truck, which is where they are normally thrown off from.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Courier broke my bike’ is closed to new replies.