Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 241 total)
  • COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.
  • IHN

Alrighty then, there was plenty of interest here, so here we go.

*fanfare*

Hear ye, hear ye, the inaugural Cotswolds Pootle will take place on Saturday the 24th November. Roll up roll up, come one come all.

Wheels roll at 10:30am from the library car park, Winchcombe (Back Lane, GL54 5PZ), so, if you’re a pre-ride faffer (and aren’t we all) arrive in plenty of time.

The figurehead of the Pootle Movement, Pook* (peace be upon him) laid down the following Rules of Pootle

1) if you’re fast, hold the gates and count the folks through
    2) if you’re slow – have something to talk about with the other 20 people with you
    3) bring cake

Pootles aren’t a typical ‘group ride’. I started them ‘cos I hated being the person at the back. I wanted a group ride for the people at the back. There aren’t any people at the back in a pootle.

Bring your newby mates, bring your other halves, bring yourself. It’ll be pootletastic.

* he’s like our David Koresh

binners

Does this make Pook a prophet? Or is he more like a franchise?

Well… whatever… he’s either Jesus, Starbucks, or a combination of the two.

Any-road-up. We’re in! 24th is plenty of notice so I think a journey south is in order. i Shall sort out grand-parental childcare. I shall be bringing the missus but I think she’ll favour seeing local(ish) friends while drinking wine, rather than riding. Particularly after last time I was down, I came back with the haunted look of Scott of the Antarctic, or a Vietnam vet. 😀

See you then brother

Pook

ah I’m blushing

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IHN

Whoop! I’m sure the weather this time will be fine 😕

peteimpreza

Just put this in the diary and I will dig out the trailrakers this weekend in preparation.

Cletus
    Free Member

Sounds good.

How far (or for how long) are you planning to pootle?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Will pook be the guest of honour and cut a ribbon with a pair of giant comedy scissors?

IHN

Er, dunno really. The route will be 30k-ish, and it’ll be a leisurely pace, so 3-4 hours-ish? All very-ish though.

IHN

Will pook be the guest of honour and cut a ribbon with a pair of giant comedy scissors?

Well, I do hope so.

tang
    Free Member

I hope to be there! Might even have the tea van with me!

rOcKeTdOg

I’ll be there with a +1

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I shall do my bestest to make it. 🙂
    It’s in the calendar, put it that way!

IHN

Good good, more the merrier.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Right, I might be able to come along with the wife and one or two others but only if pook turns up with those big scissors.

missnotax
    Free Member

One of them will be me then – who’s the other?!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe diggers or Chrissyj

shep39
    Free Member

Great news, I’ll be there and have mentioned it to a couple of my friends so hopefully there will be several of us. Looking forward to it, I believe baking is a Peaks Pootle tradition so I’ll bring some cupcakes 🙂

itsup
    Free Member

Did someone mention cake…i’m in.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Is this a mini Hell Of the North? 😆

tollah
    Free Member

I might nip over.

druidh
    Free Member

Can I be your +1???

Actually, with a 3-4 hour ride time, it breaks my driving time:riding time limit 🙁

mboy
    Free Member

Actually, with a 3-4 hour ride time, it breaks my driving time:riding time limit

Get your ass down here for some PROPER (TM) riding you bloody Foreigner! 😉

See you there IHN all being well… Might even bring a +1 myself…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tollah, will that have those “corner” things you talk about whenever you come up to the peaks?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Anyone else a smokly dokly smoker going along as going to have been off them for a couple/weeks by time I might join in on that date?

DarrenH

Count me in 😀 I might bring +2 or 3 if they can be ar*ed

swamptin
    Free Member

Is the nearest station Cheltenham Spa? I’m provisionally in.

mrmo
    Free Member

Is the nearest station Cheltenham Spa? I’m provisionally in.

It is the nearest station worth considering, there is a station at Ashchurch(Tewkesbury) but has a crap sunday service. Cheltenham Spa is 10ish miles from Winchcombe though, so depending on your legs and the 1000ft of Cleeve hill between Cheltenham and Winchcombe you might want to try and cadge a lift.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looks pretty certain ill be there too 🙂

IHN

Is this a mini Hell Of the North?

In distance, yes, but it looks like we might be matching them for numbers 🙂

Actually, with a 3-4 hour ride time, it breaks my driving time:riding time limit

How long a ride do you need for it to be worth your while?

jkomo

What’s the terrain like?

IHN

To quote myself on t’other thread

Picturesque cart track/country lane-ish stuff interspersed with more interesting stuff. None of it particularly difficult though; all entirely newbie friendly, but with enough interest (hopefully) to keep your general weekend warrior entertained. Gnarr-CoreMax riders may be a bit bored.

swamptin
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up IHN. Anyone heading to this from London? Can provide haribo/cake/fuel money to cover a tubby/more haribo in return for hassle free-ish lifts… I may even be able to trade in banter (potentially bad puns) too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the carp Sunday service, I’m pretty sure the 24th is a saturday.

IHN

Aye, it’s a Saturday.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its not the riding time its the area i am not to fond of dont find it very interesting.
    😀

Philby

Is this a reincarnation of the Cotswold Massive?

I will try and make it (work permitting).

fathomer

Gutted, can’t make it unfortunately, being dragged away for the week end!

Pook

#lookingforbigscissors

wingnuts

Average speed a bit high for me, but I’ll put some training in. Any MKers going want a lift?

dawson

quite tempted by this as it would be a change from the Peak District, but a 240 mile round trip might be pushing it a bit far!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘COTSWOLDS POOTLE: 24th November; it's official.’ is closed to new replies.