Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cotic soul, but a bit lighter and stiffer??
  • MSP

I love my soul, the angles are perfect for me, but I would like it to be a bit lighter and stiffer.
    Now the “flex” I feel when pedalling is probably coming from the seatpost/tube, so a soda may be the answer with the 30.9 seatpost instead of 27.2.
    Are there any other alternatives, maybe a carbon hardtail with 120 travel up front and slightly relaxed angles?

rewski
    Free Member

enigma ego St or Ti maybe

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the ti frames I’ve ridden were no stiffer.

if it has to lighter AND stiffer then carbon must be the way to go.

rudedog
    Free Member

Ragley mmmbop is lighter and stiffer but is also slacker – Northwind on here has owned both so would be in a good position to give a direct comparison.

There was also a write up on the new Soda in this months mbr and it was commented that the new design is a lot stiffer than the old model.

cy

Current Soda is stiffer than the Soul along the bike, so that’s your only option for similar weight. BFe has the same geometry, but is much stiffer all round, but similar weight to the Ragley’s being mentioned.

danti

Having owned both old and now new Sodas the new one is definitely stiffer in the bottom bracket and seat/top tube.

It still has that lovely floating over things feel to it though and I can ride 6+ hours without feeling beat up 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cotic soul, but a bit lighter and stiffer??’ is closed to new replies.