• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Ogg.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cotic roadhog,no clearance for brake ?
  • Ogg

trying to fit a BB7 brake with 160 mm adaptor to a roadhog fork and there's not enough clearance for the adaptor as it hits the fork leg

Is this a dodgy fork or am I doing something wrong…?
    Seems to me looking at this image the mount on mine looks about 5mm out

Retrodirect
    Free Member

what axle is that on "this image"

Ogg

looks like a "onguard locking skewer" from a quick google around.

Any roadrat owners have any insight to the brake mount issue?

brooess
    Free Member

Hard to see from the photo. Forgive me if this is patronising but you do have the adaptor the right way up don't you?
    Cy will reply to any question you have if you email him direct: cy@cotic.co.uk

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm – comparing the two pics, your disc tab seems to be too short. Looks like someone cut it wrong.

highclimber
    Free Member

Druid might be right, it certainly looks shorter than the one linked image

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah, doesn't look like the mount on the cotic website

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

I had exactly this problem a couple of weeks ago building up mine. I wondered about orientation of the adapter with the right hand mounting etc but it's none of that. I just ground off a corner of the adapter until I got enough clearance with the fork.

I thought about possible weakening of the adapter but I don't think there is an issue. It works perfectly.

I'm at work. I took a photo with my phone but it's a mission to download it to my work computer. Will try to post later.

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

hope this helps

Ogg

Ah yes – I'll just file the adaptor down a bit then, I'll also email cotic just to make sure they are aware of the issue.

Thanks

spooky_b329

Similar issue to using a +20mm adaptor on certain Marzocchi forks a couple of years ago…I filed off part of the adaptor.

cy

If the fork is from last year or earlier, then you can have trouble with post mount brackets catching. Just file the corner off the bracket and it'll be fine. Forks from Dec 09 onwards had the mount redesigned to sort this out.

Ogg

Cheers Cy.

Woody
    Free Member

Hi Ogg, just spotted this and couldn't believe something else had gone wrong 😯 I had never actually fitted them so wasn't aware of any problem but was going to suggest filing the corner off as advised above. I've had to do that a couple of times before but it is usually the rear mount that's been the problem.

Glad it's sorted out and enjoy the forks .

Ogg

🙂 no worries Woody – I've filed the mount now and it's all good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cotic roadhog,no clearance for brake ?’ is closed to new replies.