Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cotic road frame?
  • rob2
    Free Member

Saw an article on a prototype a few months ago. Anyone know if its coming out and any more details?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I don’t know any news on it but I know that I’ll probably be having one as soon as it’s available, especially if they do it in the nice eggshell blue the prototype was in!

MrSmith
    Free Member

will it have a ‘mtb’er friendly’ slack head angle.

rOcKeTdOg

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Given you can get a custom Brian Rourke frame inc carbon fork for £850 it will have to be well priced for me to get one; they mention Colombus Spirit tubing and that’s not a tube set I’d have thought builds up into a cheap frame

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Given you can get a custom Brian Rourke frame inc carbon fork for £850

I think you’ll have to wait a while though…

I’ll probably be a good frame like most cotics seem to be.

But they should go all out and make it a proper road bike, rather than something for middle aged trail centre nodders.

finbar
    Free Member

What’s the chainset on that photo up there? It’s ugly.

smell_it
    Free Member

XT; that there is a mountain bikers road bike, son.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

XT

ska-49
    Free Member

Looks nice but I’d want more dedicated road bike geometry for it to take my £££. Hopefully Cy will do the right thing!

finbar
    Free Member

But they should go all out and make it a proper road bike, rather than something for middle aged trail centre nodders.

XT

😆

bol

Isn’t the X for middle aged STW nodders? That’s why I bought mine. Where does that pitch this one?

smell_it
    Free Member

There was a thread about it some time ago, and folk seemed more concerned about it taking a rack and guards and it having good tyre clearance. I would think STW’ers are the target market, so……. I bet they’ll be moaning it doesn’t take disc’s now.
    I guess it will have custom geometry to accommodate comfy use of peaked helmets, and braze ons to clip your baggies on, to stop them flapping in the wind.

rOcKeTdOg

What’s the chainset on that photo up there? It’s ugly

CY’s hips dunny like a narrow Q factor, hence the MTB BB and XT crank

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well, i’ve got a C’Dale CAAD8 for my Roadie riding and an SS Roadrat for my occasional work commute and general ‘messing about’ riding. To be honest the Roadrat is a much much nicer ride than my C’dale and not much slower. I’d imagine if I were to convert it into ‘Roadie mode’ with some gears, drop handlebars and carbon forks, it would be a much nicer roadie bike than the CAAD8 and no slower. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t expect Cotic to build a no-holes barred, no compromise road racer, but more of a comfortable and fun, but high performance bike. Cy’s talent seems to be finding a good balance between building a frame that delivers on comfort and fun, without compromising overall performance too much.

How does the X stack up in the Cyclo-cross world? I’d expect something similar but in the road riding world.

MrSmith
    Free Member

that’s not a road bike, it’s a nodder/commuter bike pandering to staunch MTB’er sensibilities.
    the doe-eyed market will love it (as long as it has cotic on the down tube)

smell_it
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect Cotic to build a no-holes barred, no compromise road racer, but more of a comfortable and fun, but high performance bike

A high performance drop bar roadrat then? Bit like the old one with posher tubes and a carbon disc fork.

cy

It’s shelved for the moment. Got a bit too much else on right now to be dealing with a whole other genre of bike. It is a nice thing though, and yes, the XT cranks are because of my ropey knees. Paul’s has some lovely Campag on it. At the moment it’s looking like it’ll have fairly racey geometry, a not-ridicuously-tall-‘sportive’ front end, room for 28’s and some discreet mudguards mounts. It won’t have rack mounts.

ska-49
    Free Member

Perfect! Look forward to this in the future.

prezet
    Free Member

Shame it’s shelved for now – as there’s a distinct lack of modern (affordable) steel frame sets on the market. Genesis have it nailed with the Equilibrium and it doesn’t have much market competition.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cotic road frame?’ is closed to new replies.