Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cookson loses UCI election
  • jonnyboi
    mrmo
    Free Member

at least it shows the organisation isn’t as bad as some sporting orgs. which might as well be owned by the president.

Have to wonder what will change, who really has the power ASO or UCI.

scaredypants

tough one – McQuaid doesn’t like him and normally I’d consider that a major point in his favour. In the end I wonder what difference any of this will make

jonnyboi

Personally I think he got in by not being McQuaid, and got out by not being very good at the job.

MSP

His heart may(can’t be sure on this) have been in the right place, but he was pretty useless, lets just hope this isn’t a return to the old order.

jonnyboi

well, Lappartient is looking to overhaul and cap team budgets, that will be interesting to see.

brakes
    Free Member

I think the presidency should be one term only anyway.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wasn’t Lappartient suggesting moving world champs to be four-yearly?

Or did I read that wrong?

oldejeans
    Free Member

he was distinctly unimpressive on R4 Today this morning.

ransos
    Free Member

at least it shows the organisation isn’t as bad as some sporting orgs. which might as well be owned by the president

Dunno about that: I’m pretty sure that Pat stayed in post by doling out vast quantities of pork.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Personally I think he got in by not being McQuaid, and got out by not being very good at the job.

+1.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yip + 2

Sadly, OK not so much, but he seemed rather ineffective. Lacking a strong direction and sort of milling around the edges and being photoed at major events, rather than for doing something constructive and refreshing.

If the UCI goes back to the days of McQuid then I for one will be disgusted… and glad I’m not part of anything the organisation is set up for.

velocipede
    Free Member

Trouble is that Cookson was a public sector manager in the past, a political guy used to operating in a low-risk environment with little change – almost the opposite of what’s required as head of the UCI!

I seem to recall he took something like a £250k pay rise to do this job, so I don’t think theres any need to sympathise – I’m sure his retirement is sorted!

nemesis
    Free Member

I think he was in the right place at the right time previously but he’s been shown up as not being all that effective in his role. Just hope that the new president heads things in the right direction and isn’t a stooge for others…

km79
    Free Member

Glad to see mountain biking featured heavily in his manifesto.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/david-lappartient-elected-as-uci-president-2017.html

Oh wait, it wasn’t by the looks of things.

freeagent
    Free Member

he was distinctly unimpressive on R4 Today this morning.

Yep, terrible interview/sales pitch for re-election

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cookson loses UCI election’ is closed to new replies.