Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Convertible XC / Full face helmet?
  • limburger
    Free Member

I have a Met Parachute which has served me very well, but it needs replacing and they’re nowhere to be found any more – obviously discontinued. Casco Viper MX: ditto. Can someone recommend an alternative? It needs to be light and well vented, and offer a reasonable amount of lower face protection. The Parachute was perfect – why, oh why have they given up on them?

sugdenr
    Free Member

I have a Parchute and a Spesh Deviant – the Spech is really quite a good approximation of being ventilated, but you still dont want to be wearing it on a prolonged steep up in hot weather. On the plus side it offers proper protection (unlike Met) – of the kind you do not need for XC riding. What are you riding XC that needs this?

NormalMan

I looked for something similar after a fair few quids worth of dental repair!
    Sadly I too drew a blank, with most ‘suitable’ types now being discontinued.

I tried the Spesh one on but felt it would be too hot and restrcitive for general trail riding / xc stuff.

If you do find something, please let me know.

honourablegeorge

Urge do the Endur-O-Matic which is a more open faced full facer for Enduro riding, might suit, although I suspect it’ll be warmer than the Parachite.

Edit – the Archi Enduro, not the Endur-O-Matic

limburger
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the tips. That C-Maniac comes closest, but it is a children’s helmet only. It may be ok sizewise, but will it be safe for an adult to use?

easy_riderok
    Free Member

Why not buy a Casco Viper MX, not sure if you think they have been discontinued. THey havnt as I have just had my 2nd crash replacement….

I have a review on my OLD forum

http://www.forum.settingascene.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1555&p=17314#p17314

I have a brand new unworn black large with chin guard… if your interested. Havnt got around to advertising… its a 58-62 fit although I am a 57cm head and was advised they are a little smaller. I am really happy with the fit and have worn for a few years.

£90 + postage.

Or get a new one from GAry at Bethesda Bikes.

He has gone above and beyond to assist with warranty replacement.

01492518718 – let him know Mark Stephens recommended him on service…. 🙂

Gotama
    Free Member

Dithered about these but never actually laid my mitts on one. It’s a ski slalom helmet so not sure how strong the bar is but in my mind if it helps me just slightly when stoving my face into the ground it would be worth it whilst not being as restrictive on breathing as a proper full face.

http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1228/sinuse-sl-axel-back

corneilious
    Free Member

I have a black medium met parachute for sale. it has been worn about 5 times tops and in near perfect condition.

email me on corneilious.101 at hotmailDOTcoDOTuk if interested

neil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Convertible XC / Full face helmet?’ is closed to new replies.