Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ControlTech seatposts – load of guff or warranty claim?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

i got a ControlTech seatpost, just like in this link:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19622
    and the clamp keeps coming loose. I went on two rides, it happened both times. i took it apart, put loctite on the threads and it still worked loose – ten minutes into a ride, in fact.

so i’ve spoken to CRC from whence it came and they said “send it back and we’ll see if there’s a defect”. now i am concerned with this – am i likely to get a refund? i mean, i’ll only be elligible for vouchers because a month has passed anyway. but i’m concerned that i’ll just waste money sending it only to find there’s no “defects”. i tried hotlines too and they were pretty vague and didn’t want to get involved (shame cos they’re only just down the road!)

i leave it to the masses now!

messiah
    Free Member

Difficult to see how that design can “work loose” unless there is a defect… and if it keeps working loose then it’s worthess as it is unless you bodge something.

I’d send it off as cheaply as possible, nothing to lose but a few quid postage.

DezB
    Free Member

Me and PPoddy both have those seatposts. Mine was 2nd hand (off here) and no problems whatsoever.
    Your’s must have a problem, so I’m sure they’ll just send a replacement.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ah ok, thanks DezB. there’s nothing apparently wrong to my eyes, that could be attributed to this loosening, so i’m worried it will happen again. i guess i’ll send it back and see. just a shame that i’ve only had three rides on my bike and it’s out of action again!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the same post and it’s not budged for me? Not sure how you could install it incorectly but could be worth just getting someone to have a look at it with a different pair of eyes in case you’ve done something stupid?

Send it back, you’ll either get a refund or replacement.

Mugboo

I’ve had one for a couple of years with no problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ControlTech seatposts – load of guff or warranty claim?’ is closed to new replies.