Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Contact lenses. . .
  • tails
    Free Member

Boring topic i know. I have the budget specsaver contacts if I wear them from morning until evening they seem to dry out and occasionally fall out when playing sport. Are the posher ones any better like acuview?

legolam
    Free Member

Are they daily lenses or 2 weekly/monthlies? I usually wear 2-weekly lenses and am fine from morning till night (have actually been wearing mine since 5pm yesterday as I’ve just come off night shifts). The dailies tend to get dry after 8 hours max (and they’re Acuvue).

rickmeister

Daily lenses here though I put them in fluid every night and get about three weeks from a pair…

tails
    Free Member

Daily lenses, if I use I drops will that work? One actually came dislodged on a slip road to a dual carriageway! I like the idea of monthly lenses but in reality they won’t work with my lifestyle.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

How come monthlies won’t work with your “lifestyle”? What’s the problem?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I use focus daily’s comfort range.

My normal focus daily lenses used to dry up after a bit but the comfort ones are great.

tails
    Free Member

I don’t wear contacts everyday, usually glasses. I wear contacts for sport or partying, quite an irregular pattern. The 3 month supply of dailies are still going strong and I got those in December.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I wear acuvue monthlys, sometimes wear them from 9am in the morning till 4am the next day and they are completely fine. This is mostly when I go on nights out. They only sometimes feel dry in the evening, then I just try to make myself yawn which adds some moisture to my eyes. Mine have never fallen out when riding or playing badminton. The only problem has been when riding mud or water getting flicked into my eye. Opticians did recommend getting sunglasses for riding.

cheers_drive

Accuview Moist are better than the standard ones. Although they still dry out after 12hours if I’ve been using the computer during the day.

john_drummer
    Free Member

If you work with a computer and wear contacts, you need to remember to blink

I tend to put mine in about half am hour before I go home, they’re fine until I go to bed then. Ciel VI monthlys

stevehine

I use monthly continuous wear lenses; I used to suffer occasional drying out when I first started with them but they’ve been faultless for 5+ years now; not sure if they’ve improved them or if my eyes have just adjusted to wearing them.

My biggest problem is remembering to change them every month; I tend to forget I’m actually a contact lens wearer !

motox2k
    Free Member

i scrapped my lenses from specsavers and I now use daysoft lenses, http://www.daysoft.com, find these last longer (in the day) and do not dry out as much, I race motocross so the lenses get a good test with me. oh daysoft are also a lot cheaper than specsavers.

trailmonkey

i wore johnsons’ accuview dailies for about 4 years then got fed up of being mugged. tried a few options and ended up with these

every bit as good as accuview at a fraction of the price

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

+1 Daysoft. Cheapest AND most comfortable lenses I’ve ever had. So cheap -c16p per lens – if one gets uncomfortable you just bin and replace.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

+2 Daysoft, highly recommend them.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I had the same problem with those that you put in daily but last a month. About 10 hours use, whch was the recommended time but that was uselsss as they went in when I got up and came out before bed. I then swapped to some that go in and stay in for a month if needed. Apparently my eyes are better for them andthey never dry out unlike the old ones. I do take them out occasionally over night if I have got some crud in my eyes.

tails
    Free Member

Christ sake you lot must have weird eyes, I’m now the unhappy owner of 50+ pairs of daysoft tat, I can’t even get them in my eye they are so big, you get no saline so one attempt and you’re on to a new set.

Steer clear!

neninja
    Free Member

I use Johnson and Johnson 1-day Acuvue and have done for years. I’ve tried others and have never been as happy. I trialled the Moist version when it was launched but found them to be no more comfortable or to be less inclined to dry out so didn’t see the point in paying the extra for them.

tails
    Free Member

Just compared the two side by side, they are a world apart! haha! Buy cheap buy twice!

Sandwich

Using Toric monthly extended wear from Specsavers. I wear them for 7 days, out for a day and then wear for 7 days. No problems in 5+ years

tracknicko
    Free Member

daysoft work for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Contact lenses. . .’ is closed to new replies.