Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Considering Orange Crush for tall rider. OK?
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

I’m torn between building up a FS bike from bits (perhaps based on a Jekyll frame in XL size – probably the perfect size for me) and getting a 21″ Orange Crush (2008).

The FS bike will take me a lot longer to build, and will end up costing me more than the Crush, but what I really need to know is if the Crush will be big enough for me.

I am 6’5″. Do you think the frame geometry of the Crush (even if I end up swapping the post for a layback version and perhaps fit a longer stem in the future) would be a good size for me?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I would get the late model Jekyll….. 😉

phutureproof
    Free Member

Haha. I’d love both, seriously. I wish I had the XL Jekyll in the attic for a future project.

ButtonMoon

I ride a 20″ Alpine 160 (perfect fit) and a 19″ Crush, I found the 21″ Crush a little big.

I’m 6’5″ with a 34″ inner leg and with a 440 Thompson post find the Crush a nice fit. It’s got a Fox 36 float on it and I find it just as much fun to ride as the Alpine, in fact I only really keep that for trips abroad.

The Crush is a great bike, but as usual try-before-you- buy is the only true way you will know what is right for you.

Have fun though

phutureproof
    Free Member

6’5″ with a 19″ bike. Blimey! That was unexpected.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and have a 19″ Crush with layback post and 90mm stem and it’s perfect. I think if I was 6’5″ I’d be feeling like I was on a kids bike.

But then some folk like their bikes small and chuckable, I like mine longer and stable.

Probably doesn’t help at all I know…

phutureproof
    Free Member

All opinions are useful, then I can average them all out!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

6 foot 4 here on a 19″ Crush. Glad I went for a 19″ and not a 21″. Too big for the downhills if you ask me. 19″ is just right.

grim168
    Free Member

6’2″ on a 19″ crush with a thomson layback post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Considering Orange Crush for tall rider. OK?’ is closed to new replies.