Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Conditions in Peak district and cannock
  • forgotmename
    Free Member

Hello has anybody on here been to the peak district or cannock today? If so, what are the conditions like?
    Thanks

mr_mills
    Free Member

If it helps at all, there was still about 3-4ft of snow around Macc Forest this morning. Pic taken on Charity Lane.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yep that helps. Thanks

phiiiiil

All the snow is long gone from Cannock but it rained pretty much all day on Friday so it's a bit soggy…

hora
    Free Member

We rode around Ladybower/Fairholmes/Haggs farm etc today. Spot on. Only snow that we encountered (twice) was at two gates/mini drifts.

carlos
    Free Member

Marple And round Mellor is another snow free ride, off there tomorrow agian. I was up Macc forrest Thurs night and yeah as said still plenty of drifts and not worth the trip.

anthonyb
    Free Member

rode round ftd at cannock today. its muddy in places (mainly in the clear felled areas), but perfectly rideable.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

mr_mills is bang on with that photo for our neck of the woods! I didn't even bother venturing up so "high" as we'd ridden in a fair bit of sheet ice on Thursday night in Macc Forest. I rode from the door this afternoon > Tegg's Nose > Bottom's Reservoir (1st pic) > clipped the corner of the forest then up to the A54 (2nd pic, above the Hanging Gate – looking towards Shutlingsloe!) I'd then planned to take the bridleway back under Croker Hill, but couldn't see across the fields for the fog, so spun back down the road to the town.

The startlingly beautiful views of the White Peak were a feature on the ride this afternoon! 🙂 Great being out though – and it is defo getting better under foot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Conditions in Peak district and cannock’ is closed to new replies.