Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Computer literate folk of STW….WTF
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

is going on with my Google Chrome on this laptop? A while ago I was having trouble getting on STW using Chrome & Scotroutes said to relaunch in Windows 8 mode, which worked. Now It’s taking ages just to join the internet using it (like about 5 mins) & odd things are happening, like I couldn’t upload any photo’s to Flikr last night & certain links don’t work. All seems ok using Interweb Explorer though.
    Please don’t say, ‘just use Internet Explorer then’ or ask me any technical questions cos I haven’t a clue! 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[Helpdesk]

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

[/Helpdesk]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Yep CFH, 1st thing I did & I’ve done it multiple times since, no joyousness.

MSP

Try clearing the browsers cache, I don’t use chrome so don’t know the exact steps, but it will be there in the options somewhere.

If that doesn’t work try tipping it upside down and shaking it a bit, to see if you can empty the bad joojoo out of it.

CountZero

Delete it and re-install? There might be a glitch crept in somewhere, like in preferences, perhaps. That happens on Macs sometimes, not sure about the latest iterations of Windows, and usually just involves deleting the prefs and restarting.
    I’m grasping at straws here, you have to understand, ‘cos my own knowledge of such things is pretty limited. 😀

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I noticed earlier that Chrome has added a function (set as default obviously) that keeps Chrome running in the background

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Chrome+Flash are having/causing trouble with some ads on STW at the moment.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s working ok at the mo, but it could go pear shaped at any time!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

There is a refresh function in Windows 8. Try that

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Computer literate folk of STW….WTF’ is closed to new replies.