Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • complete bollox – dog rehoming content
  • geoffj

what deadly said 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

he’s just a wee little dog and your boy will get bigger quickly enough… seems an overreaction to me, but I guess I don’t know how hard your ex will make this for you… tough call mate, feel for you 🙁

Woody
    Free Member

Poor little bugger………the dog that is 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

Yeah, he’s been a bloody brilliant little dog. Has converted two friends who are scared of dogs, both thought he was fantastic, friendly and really gentle. Never barks, never any hassle apart from loving playing with other dogs so much it’s hard to drag him away. I’d waited 3 years for work situation to suit having a dog and now this! Really gutted.

psychle
    Free Member

Then keep him idave… just make sure you keep him and your boy apart or always supervised (as you should with any dog 😉 ), surely he can’t be gone on a single strike? Sounds like a perfect gentleman of a mutt to me…

druidh
    Free Member

I can’t believe anyone would consider that this dog isn’t a continuing danger to children. So – you rehome it. How can you guarantee that it won’t come into contact with children – and react the same – again?

I guess it’ll be fine as long as it’s not your kid eh?

Woody
    Free Member

What psychle said.

If the dog is as good natured as you say, surely he’s worth another chance. Dogs will snap if startled and it doesn’t sound like it was a vicious bite and probably came about because he’s not used to your son and vice versa.

Edit: some huge over-reactions here, without knowing the full circumstances some would have a dog put down!! Typical bloody STW 🙄

iDave
    Free Member

How can you guarantee that it won’t come into contact with children – and react the same – again?

That’s why people like dogstrust give details about why a dog needs re-homing. Duh.

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye – what psychle said. I don’t have kids so can’t really imagine the whole protective instinct thing, but from what you’ve said thus far, it does rather sound like your good lady has been looking for an excuse from the word go….

I got mauled by my uncle’s alsatian once and bitten several times over the course of its lifetime. Just learned to stay away from it and avoid certain behaviour when near it.

EDIT; Oh! And my beloved rescue dog (who’s now been with us for nearly four years) bit me quite badly the first week we had him. He’s never been aggresive since.

psychle
    Free Member

I can’t believe anyone would consider that this dog isn’t a continuing danger to children.

I can’t believe that anyone would consider that this dog IS a continuing danger to children… from the limited info idave has posted, I certainly can’t draw that conclusion!

One snap, for who knows what reason… was it the first time he’s met your boy idave? or have they had happy (and uneventful?) contact numerous times prior to this?

jimjam
    Free Member

I’ve seen this exact same thing happen to two close family members. Both my young cousin and niece were bitten on the face by jack russell type dogs. My cousin was only scratched, but quite traumatised. He was however, on his knees, irritating the dog while it was eating when it happened. He had been warned not to do this on several occasions. The dog was re-homed and has by all accounts behaved immaculately since.

My niece was not so fortunate, she required several operations on her face. Fortunately she doesn’t have any more scarring. She was also annoying the dog while he was eating – the dog was not so lucky as my uncle ( a farmer ) shot him that same day.

chewkw
    Free Member

It is a tiny dog so NOT exactly a danger but rather more like an accident.

ojom
    Free Member

like pit bulls?

druidh
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Yeah – what could possibly go wrong?

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/13906247.html
    http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/3816542.Toddler_scarred_for_life_after_dog_attack/

kevonakona
    Free Member

iDave, gutted for you mate. Hope the wee fella gets through this and is still loved by all concerned (both child and dog).

Terry (the new rescue dog) was noted as “nervous with potential to overreact” and to be fair he is the most placid beast ever. I can take food out of his mouth and he nibbles when we play the can’t bite me game.

jimbobm
    Free Member

some people are very narrow minded.
    dogs are animals, they communicat via body language and they use there mouths just as we use hands.
    if a human gives a child a little slap for misbehaving should they be killed?

so why should the dog?

james.

iDave
    Free Member

the dog is NOT being put down

scruff
    Free Member

This is really not good either way, sorry Dave. Come out for a ride & beer mate, fk the training.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Our family dog bit me when I was 7 or 8. I remember it vividly, dog just lost it. It was on the bed next to a wall, and I sort of lunged to give it a cuddle, probably doggy instinct. I’ve got a nice scar on my left palm. Dog disappeared the next day. Can’t remember what happenbed to it, or what I was told. hmm… Q for the old man. It has never affected me towards dogs though, they’re ace, and we’ve always had a dog since (guess my dad talked my mam ’round a bit later). I was just talking to a bloke outside work earlier who asked me to hold his Greyhound. Turned out it was an ex champion racer and he found it on tinternet for £100, beautiful animal.

chewkw
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

like pit bulls?

Common sense says it you have a pit bulls you are asking for trouble.

Lifer
    Free Member

Any way you can negotiate that Spud is kept outdoors in a kennel while your kids are round so you can keep him?

donsimon
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

like pit bulls?

Your insensitivity towards iDave and lack of understanding is quite incredible, bless, you have my sympathy. But this is probably just trolling, so not important. 🙄

Hopefully you’ll find a good solution for all iDave.

nickf
    Free Member

I love my dogs, really. And if one of them bit the kids I’d be seriously worried, though unlikely to send the dog to a rehoming centre. In this case, however, the right dcision is to send Spud away; it’s either that or the ex-wife will start to create merry hell.

Then again, if my wife had to choose between me and the dogs it’d be a close call as to who was sent packing.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘complete bollox – dog rehoming content’ is closed to new replies.