• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Commencal Ramones 16 – review & pics
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I pre-ordered the Commencal Ramones 16 back on august the 24th, it got shipped on Monday the 21st September and turned up on Friday the 25th.
    Eric at Commencal always responded to my email’s very promptly and was always helpful, even if I was a pain in the ass asking when I might get my boys bike.

It was meant to be one of his XMAS/Birthday presents, but I was keen for him to get some pedalling practice while we still have some sun and semi dry trails.
    He’s been on his balance bikes for 2.5 years now.
    Friday I hid out the back while our son watched TV and put it all together. Put it at the front door and rung the bell..
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsq5q83R8w[/video]

Out of the box you need to:
    Put the bars on, (undo the front clamp and bolt it up)
    Put the front wheel on which is quick release
    Put the pedals on
    Change the brake cables over as they come front on the left, rear on the right.
    Adjust the brake pads as there not straight – well not in my case anyway.
    I had to swap the fitted seat post for the cheaper supplied and cut a couple of inches off, as the saddle was a bit high for while he’s getting to grips with pedalling etc.

I also had to file the sharp edges of the barrel adjusters.

It comes with a nice little aheadset stem like we get on mtb’s, not one of those ancient quill types.

Nice little brake levers for small hands – along with a supplied front light.

Vbrakes – still need to shorten the cable

Swapped out seatpost

Stock fitted seatpost – along with rear light supplied

Crank with guard

We took our son over the fields for his first go at pedalling, which he did really well.
    All the way down the field to the park on his own, he’s just a bit wobbly on the bars.
    I’m very pleased with the bike, so is our boy..

I make the weight 8.2kg.

Hope this little review helps those looking for a kids bike and fancy something different..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Commencal Ramones 16 – review & pics’ is closed to new replies.