Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • comfy seatposts
  • zippykona

Having been thoroughly put off buying another USE suspension seatpost can anyone recommend a nice rigid one.
    Will a carbon or ti one feel any different to a cheap aluminium one?

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve ridden behind someone with a Ti seatpost and it was visibly flexing, so it can be a lot less harsh than an aluminium one.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve bin trying out a Cane Creek Thudbuster, and I have to say it’s not that bad at all. A lot better than I expected tbh.

Heavy though, and needs regular maintenance I’d imagine.

Carbon was the most ‘comfy’ rigid ‘post I’ve tried, but I’d like to try out a Ti one see if they work as claimed.

zippykona

Looked at thudbuster, jeez they are ugly.

Hanky

I’ve got a Thudbuster, really quite good, takes the edge of off – but as above heavy.

I don’t mind the industrial look but the Lizard Skins neoprene cover makes it look a little better and is pretty much essential in sandy/grit/mud Peak conditions.

Got if from Bike24 in Germany, lots cheaper than anywhere else at the time.

sc-xc

er….You guys are using saddles as well right? I find they make any seatpost a little more comfy…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

er….You guys are using saddles as well right? I find they make any seatpost a little more comfy…

+50

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i use i-beam saddle and post combo, much comfier than most othe seatpost and saddles

Kuco

I’m using an SDG Bel Air saddle on a Thomson post and find it comfy, get no back ache even after 3-4 hours in the saddle.

rootes1

I’ve ridden behind someone with a Ti seatpost and it was visibly flexing, so it can be a lot less harsh than an aluminium one.

whilst on a demo at Charlie the Bike Monger (awaiting a Spearfish ride – sadly too small) I had a go on a Niner SIR – just to see how it compared to my Swift – the SIR had a Ti post (Van Nicholas) I was very bendy but also noticeably comfy.. If Charlie has sold them I would have bought one on the spot!but alas he did not.

also thudbuster do a compact version though less travel.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘comfy seatposts’ is closed to new replies.