Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Comedy crash-tastic.
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Invisible log causes Camelbak crash:

[video]https://youtu.be/vbsd_cQ2BU8[/video]

This doesn’t count as a crash does it ? I held it right to the end 🙂

jekkyl

Funny. What happened?

Trimix
    Free Member

I endowed over that massive invisible log at the start of the trail. Sat on the stem and got the saddle caught in my Camelbak !

I see now why Enduro types use bottles, Camelbak’s are bloody dangerous 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

That was actually hilarious, thanks.

kayak23

29er would have rolled over that no issue.

Were you trying to match this?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlmcxPjKJZo[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is this the bikepacking i’ve heard so much about?

Trimix
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for that handy tree to grab I would probably run the whole trail on my tip-toes.

I still struggle to figure out how I ended up sitting on the Stem. New bike trying to kill me ?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Special in every way 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

I endowed over….

Well tuck it in to your sock next time instead of dragging it along the ground catching on things.

And good work for sharing!

dannyh
    Free Member

Hee hee – I’ve done something similar a few times.

Slightly differently I was flying down a local trail a long time ago and rounded a fast corner to find the upper branches of a fallen tree laying across the track. Too late to brake I braced myself and rode through it and survived.

On retracing my steps I found the bungee webbing from my camelbak still hanging off a branch and the scrunched up waterproof I had in it about ten yards away in the undergrowth. Could have been a lot, lot nastier. 😳

D0NK

looks like your rear wheel hooked up on a root throwing your weight way over the front, hello endo-city, extra points for getting your saddle hooked in your ‘bak tho. That what happened?

I’ve had a few similar ish ones
    Chain slipped while sprinting, weight thrown over front wheel enough to snap the cheapy front QR, ouch.
    Grunting up a steep climb, rear tyre lost traction again thrown forward, ended up both hands on the floor doubled up over the bars.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Anyone else stuck their arse back and then got their baggy shorts gusset caught on the back of the saddle?

dannyh
    Free Member

Anyone else stuck their arse back and then got their baggy shorts gusset caught on the back of the saddle?

I did open up a pair of cheapo waterproof trousers pretty much from knee to knee on the very first climb of a solo ride in the Peaks. I got onto the first steep climb and the chain slipped on the cassette. I was in classic steep climb stance – weight on the nose of the saddle. I hit the back brake as the bike started to roll back – the nose of the saddle caught in the crotch of the trousers and ripped them open. I managed to do a sort of backwards vault over the saddle and land on my feet.

When I tried to sit back on to ride, the saddle just disappeared up inside the gaping hole in the trousers (now more of a kilt). Having driven for an hour and a half to get there I wasn’t happy about the prospect of driving straight back home. So I stripped below the waist (quickly – it was around 20th December) and put my padded undershorts over the top as a pseudo-gusset.

I did the rest of the ride like that – and remembered to replace the badly worn chain and cassette as well.

I take it you remembered to swap the brakes round after taking delivery of the Capra? 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

The moral is don’t ride when a GoPro pointed at you.

He also has footage of me lying in the dirt having discovered just how fast you can ride round a berm 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

I did swop the brakes 🙂
    I blame it on the invisible log.

(If I ever post up riding tips can someone remind me of this footage)

stumpy01

It’s funny, but I can’t fathom out how you did it – even with the explanation! 😆

Looks like this sort of thing I do.

Trimix
    Free Member

Yeah, me neither 🙂

I’ve had three separate skills sessions and spend ages fiddling with my suspension settings – but still fall off over nothing !

All the gear and absolutely no idea.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Comedy crash-tastic.’ is closed to new replies.