Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Combined personal DAB and MP3 players – what's available?
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

I have a DAB player (well, it’s died) and an MP3 player with FM radio (it’s about to die….). Would like to combine them and get one personal device with a DAB and MP3 player built it. Prefer solid state memory (doesn’t have to be massive – a couple of Gb would do). Built in battery/USB recharging is fine as well. Samler the better though….

What is there?

nicko74

The Cowon D2 is the only portable MP3 player with built in DAB that I know of, and in theory it’s been remaindered for quite some time. Check out AdvancedMP3players.co.uk, as they may still have a handful in stock.

I can say that the player itself is fantastic – touch screen, SD card slot to expand your library (I currently have an 8GB player with 32GB SD card), 52hr battery life, video, etc etc. If you do find one, just check it’s the DAB version, as there’s another version that’s just FM.

edit: should also have said that it has very good sound quality, and the DAB is pretty good too. Ideal for TMS and 6Music…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Google has provided me with results from Pure, Morphy Richards and Bush, but they either have woeful reviews or look like they were put together by a 3-year-old. Will investigate the Cowon. Cheers.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Bump for the day shift……

Moses

DAB’s a UK-only standard and heavy on power consumption (so short battery life) so there isn’t a global demand. That’s why the big names aren’t interested and prices are relatively high.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Understood….

Had a look at the Cowon one – TBH it’s a bit too ‘fully featured’ for what I want. A bit more googling throws this up:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000IEQCCI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FQ5F18&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1MP86G6DCJQMEWSMRYJX
    which seems pretty much what I want in terms of features/price. Anyone used one?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Combined personal DAB and MP3 players – what's available?’ is closed to new replies.