• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rio.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Colours and poplocs, your 2p worth
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m about to press the button on some Reba RLs for my sanderson breath, but before I do, I’d like some opinions, and what better place than here for those…!

Frame is blue with white logos, bars/stem/headset are black, brake hoses are white so first question, what colour forks:
    1. Black with silver decals
    2. White with silver decals

Also, Merlin and On-one are about the same price for these, but the merlin ones have the poploc. So…
    1. With poploc?
    2. Without poploc?

I’ll be changing the spacers so they’re 120mm travel, checked with both and they’ll both be OK with that.

😀

therealhoops
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter, it’ll be covered in s-h-i-t after the first ride.

Poploc is great…until it starts to stick.

takisawa2

Poploc on a HT is spot on. Never had one stick. Given the choice, I would go Poploc.
    And white for the colour.

boxbuster
    Free Member

Are you sure they don’t come with a poploc if you get them from On-one? I got the same forks from them about a month ago and they came with one

mrjmt
    Free Member

hmm, wierd, didnt think they did as it doesnt say in the text, but looking at the pic its not got the normal compression adjust dial, it looks like the remote one….

curious…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I hardly ever use a lockout so wouldn’t worry about that at all.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Gone for the black ones from on-one after googling a few pics of the same frame with white and black forks.
    I’ll let fate (on-one) decide whether its poploc or not! 😆

matt_outandabout

White n silver on a Breath 😉

Where did the singletrack go? by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

boxbuster
    Free Member

I don’t know much about bikes/forks, I just presumed the RL stood for remote lockout, I’m usually wrong though 🙂

sefton
    Free Member

I took my pop lock off as it looked cluttered, always stuck and I hardly ever used it.

my new forks just have the dial on top and its cool

boxbuster
    Free Member

To be honest I find I’ve had to put more pressure in them for my weight than it says on the table on the leg otherwise they were too soft and I was worried they’d bottom out a lot, as a result they don’t really move much when climbing so i’ve never actually used the poploc even though it’s on my bars

speaker2animals

RLC on Fox stood (or stands) for Rebound Lockout Compression so RL means it has a lockout and external Rebound adjustment.

Rio

Poploc is a waste of time, doesn’t do much when it’s working and is a pain when it jams up; you’re better off without it. It’s triumph of marketing over design, IMHO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Colours and poplocs, your 2p worth’ is closed to new replies.