• This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Colour help please! (Also, bad choices to rubberneck…)
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Right chaps, my new frame can be any colour I want, so I want it to be more-or-less like this (but with matching fork lowers):

Question for y’all therefore: what do you reckon the RAL colours on that^^^ are?

I reckon maybe front and forks = RAL 3015 light pink, fade to rear RAL 2003 Pastel orange.

Send me your reckons!

😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

My last colourway, so y’all recall what you’re up against:

😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wow…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Innit? And you know what’s great? Chainreaction lets you filter almost any search by colour, so you can coordinate your look. 🙂

scaredypants

it’s good that the pink is going at the front; orange bar-tassles would be a bugger to find 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I used the colour droppers in Adobe and came up with these as Hex

#F48243
    #E9658A

They come up here http://rgb.to/hex/e9658a but no direct RAL – though as that is sampling a pic accuracy isn’t guaranteed, but hay it looks like an accident in the sweet factory anyway 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mike, you’re a gentleman! Thanks! 😀

So using an online converter with your Hex references it reckons my guess is roughly right about the orange (2003) but the pink is closer to 4003 Heather violet. Awesome.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol first time I’ve tried it so might be worth checking out a paint shop first 😉 ah what the hell go for it but get some glitter added

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am excited about this now. 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

My eyes! 😆

edit- + metalflake FTW!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I don’t know… The Salsa’s matte finish is part of the appeal for me… 😉

Pridds

Just got this powdercoated in 4003.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Hjb4MA]Untitled[/url] by IanPriddle, on Flickr

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m just taking the pee, I like the colours in the top pic 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Pridds – that looks AMAZING! Lucky small person!

🙂

Pridds

She is ridiculously excited. Just got to put the slx brakes and rear disc and its good to go.

miketually
    Free Member

You might get some colour inspiration from https://www.instagram.com/hellhommus/ and https://www.instagram.com/eriknohlin/ – they’re the same person, a designer at Specialized who likes to play about with paint finishes.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Ordered. 🙂

zinaru
    Free Member

big dummy – id drop salsa an email and ask them the colour info direct.

i love that beargrease colour scheme. I’m a graphic designer and its one of the colour combinations id not really expect to work but its great. bet it looks outrageous in real life as well. on a fat bike as well!!

ive emailed salsa with various questions in the past (i don’t own a salsa) and they’ve always been very helpful and detailed in their responses. good guys and girls!

nickc

I would’ve gone RAL2000 (yellow/orange) and RAL3017(rose) but I’m being picky really. Will look ace

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Sorry OP, but Pridds has stolen the thread with that! Looks great, I’d ride that.

BigDummy
    Free Member

[thread resurrects]

I did as zinaru suggested and emailed Salsa. I got a very friendly response from a man named Bob, who apologised that he was unable to give me a RAL number as the colours are apparently bespoke to the Taiwanese paintshop that paints their frames.

I’ve also paid a deposit on the lurid new Chromag, which makes me very happy.

😀

DrP

What chromag did you go for?
    Is that a root down up there??

DrP

BigDummy
    Free Member

@DrP – There’s a new 2017 Surface 29er coming out shortly, geometry as per the Rootdown BA.

DrP

Nice 🙂
    I’ve the original rootdown… Ruddy love the thing!

DrP

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Colour help please! (Also, bad choices to rubberneck…)’ is closed to new replies.