Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • collective energy deals (and anyone with first utility)
  • sadexpunk

few weeks back i was contacted by the local council saying they were doing one of these energy collective deals, you know, get enough of you and get a cheap(er) deal. itd be through first utility. my current years just about up with ovo so thought why not have a look.

the form asked for who i was with now and how much i use/pay presently.
    the cynic in me thought yeah right, i tell you that, you come back with a price slightly cheaper and i think ive got a good deal, when maybe my next door neighbour is getting it cheaper cos he had a cheaper deal in the first place. if you get what i mean 🙂 rather than what i would expect to be fair, we all pay the same rate.

anyways, just got my ‘personal offer’ through and its not got me too excited. apparently they can save me £30 per year over ovo. now considering ovo are dearer than most anyway, and you tend to go with them for their CS, i smelled BS.
    rang em up and asked em if that was the game they were playing and they said not, everybody would be on the same rate (which they say is better than you can officially get with first utility). not sure i believe them, as £30 per year cheaper than ovo would still probs be dearer than scottish power/edf et al, so i thought id ask on here….

firstly, anyone come across these collectives before? are they generally a good idea, or nowt special?

secondly, if anyones with first utility at present, is my offer of 13.859 p/kwh and standing charge 14.28 per day for electric, and 3.056 p/kwh and standing charge 14.15 per day really better than what youre charged at present?

thanks

prawny

I’m with First Utility on a fixed price online tariff and mine is less than that,

11.570P kWh and 11.51p standing charge leccy
    2.460p kWh and 10.96p standing charge for gas.

Got ours off U Switch I think.

Edit – Never heard of the collectives thing though.

Dickyboy

Depends on usage, my standing charges are higher with edf but P/kWh are lower

Edit – that first utility looks very good ❗

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theotherjonv

Also FUtility

Supply /kwh Standing Chg
    Elec 11.936 16.6
    Gas 2.588 13.79

fixed to end July 2017

Just go on MSE Energy Club and they’ll tell you the best rate / when it’s a good time to change supply based on a saving you want to achieve

johndoh
    Free Member

With FU here – my rates are:

Electricity
    Unit rate 12.204p per kWh
    Standing charge 14.79p per day

Gas
    Unit rate 2.507p per kWh
    Standing charge 16.04p per day

Not sure how that compares to others above as I am useless at working out the total cost.

sadexpunk

yep yours are all cheaper, but then again i spose costs have risen lately so itd be dearer now anyway.

however, just been on the phone to council, had a bit of a dingdong with em, dunno if im justified or not. they admitted everyone will be on a different tariff set bu FU, which to me is wrong. i thought the collective meant that say 1000 are all willing to sign up so they get a cheaper tariff, all paying the same rate. they said not and they look at what youre on now, which is pretty much what i thought first and dont agree with.
    to me theyve just taken everyones details and given them to FU who’ve knocked a bit off to think its a bargain. doesnt sit well with me.
    was on the phone for ages, while they tried to explain about ‘transportation costs’ of different people in council houses or mansions etc but i didnt understand it and didnt agree with it.

i wont be signing up 😀

thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get on a comparison website, prices can vary with postcode.

In fact more than one, I’m not sure how many show you the whole market.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘collective energy deals (and anyone with first utility)’ is closed to new replies.