Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Coil Lyriks – medium and soft springs in the retail box?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Does anyone own a set of RC2L coil Lyriks? I’m about to order a set of these, either from Evans or bike-discount.de, but will need a soft spring. Do they come with all 3 springs in the box, or just the medium?

Springs seem to be around £40, so a fair bit of extra cash otherwise.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Only come with medium spring.

If you got the 170mm RC2DH, they come with 3 springs.

Arcticdan
    Free Member

agentdagnamit – I have a soft spring spare if your interested?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Arcticdan – may be, depends on whether I can get the spring swapped over when I buy.

Also, I’m not sure if the u-turn models have a u-turn spring, if that makes sense? Do I just take the top cap off the forks and drop in the new spring and some oil (pretty sure that’s what I did years ago with some coil Fox RLCs

Arcticdan
    Free Member

Mine are U-Turn, really clear instructions on how to change sprin on TF Tuning site. Basically, remove fork from bike. Lay flat and remove allen key bolt from bottom, then remove u-turn adjuster from top (be carefull there is a spring assembley inside….. pull out spring, slide in new one and reassemble….

It really is that easy!

Let me know on spring, email: butcher_danielathotmaildotcom

scruff
    Free Member

No need to take forks off bike if your just changing the spring.

Arcticdan
    Free Member

Scruff, there is a small amount of oil in the spring leg ~15ml, by keeping the forks horizontal you won’t have to replace this…..

Check out the instructions on the TF Tuning site1

scud
    Free Member

If you need new U-turn spring I ordered one from bike-discounts.de for £33.00, which is much better than the £53 TF Tuned wanted

scruff
    Free Member

Just tip your bike up in workstand after youve cracked the bolts off or take spring out and put new one in then turn bike upside down and put some fresh oil in before putting in the bottom leg bolt. You may or maynot need to push the spring thread away from bottom hole in leg.

andyl
    Free Member

no point trying to save the oil. You want to make sure there is the proper amount in there anyway and like with gearboxes it is better to start from scratch so you know how much is in there. It’s about £6 for a bottle that will last you many oil changes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Coil Lyriks – medium and soft springs in the retail box?’ is closed to new replies.