Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Chromecast Audio. Speaker Recommendations.
  • peekay

In the kitchen I have a reasonable set of speakers that is connected to a Chromecast Audio dongle (old 2.1 computer speakers). This works really well and am now wanting to get another Chromecast Audio for the living room so that they can be linked and play the same audio output.

I am looking for an all in one speaker unit with a decent, room filling sound that I can plug a second chromecast in to.
    Ideally shoe box sized, no seperates, no real need for WiFi or Bluetooth if plugging a dongle in (although it may be unavoidable) , no need for radio or cd, Aux in, simple on/off without having to flick through various modes and settings etc, no need for a remote. Budget of around £0-150

Most searches I do bring up either small travel speakers, big multi component hifis, or Sonos.

I like the look, size and sound of Sonos 5 but I am already so assimilated in the Google world elsewhere that I would rather stick with the chromecast solution.

Some sites suggest that LG do a Chromecast Audio compatible unit, but I can’t find much saying that it actually works as well as busy plugging a standard dongle in to an Aux socket.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Rubber_Buccaneer

If you can wait a little while there will be speakers with ‘Google Cast’ built in.

http://www.google.com/cast/audio/

peekay

Thanks.
    Most speakers with built in Google cast have been ‘ coming soon’ since last summer. New models of things also tend to be pricey.
    Most of the LG and Sony ones linked don’t make it explicitly clear from on the description pages of John Lewis, AO, Amazon etc that they are Google cast compatible, so not sure if these are not the current model versions they are selling, or maybe they just don’t make a big thing of advertising this feature.

Hence considering a standalone speaker system and then a new £15 dongle for cheapness and compatibility.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Chromecast Audio. Speaker Recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.