• This topic has 43 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Christmas THANK YOU to the emergency services over Christmas page
  • project
    Free Member

Hopefully non us of will need their free services over the Christmas and New Year.

But lets all join in an annual THANK YOU, to the Ambulance service, Fire Service, Police, Hospital staff, RNLI, Mountain Rescue, Coastguard, etc, etc.

We may pick up the phone and ask for your help, and you appear, do your job and we get recued,treated or transported to safety.

So please sign in below and say Thank you for being there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I add the RAF SAR people?

Thank you all, and I pray that no one needs you.

havinalaff
    Free Member

You’re welcome. It is poo having to work Christmas. Got 24th 25th 26th 7-7pm 12 hour day shifts which is lame as won’t see little one. Nice to know someone appreciates it.

Rich. (Paramedic)

bloodynora
    Free Member

I will add the PSNI too (formally the Royal Ulster Constabulary) All the best to our emergency services and a big thanks for the work they do.

toby1

Totally on board with this, with a father in law having heart surgery a week ago and a good friend diagnosed with breast cancer recently NHS staff are top of my list right now!

mark90
    Free Member

Our Christmas day is postponed till the 26th as the missus is a nurse and working 23rd, 24th and 25th looking after children who are way too sick to be at home for Christmas. We’re lucky, we’ll spend Christmas with our daughter, just a day later. Which in the grand scheme of things is no big deal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the missus is a nurse and working 23rd, 24th and 25th looking after children who are way too sick to be at home for Christmas

Can I send her a virtual pint and a hug? That’s a lovely thing to hear, and you’re a lucky man.

Happy Christmas to you and your family. You (plural) have earned and deserve it.

mildred

Well I’m a f*****g idiot (as was posted on a recent thread) copper, and this year is the very 1st year I will spend with my children, who are 6 & 4 years old, since they were born. I’m really looking forward to it. Thanks for the sentiments.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

We had to take my daughter for treatment for an eye infection on Christmas Day a few years ago. She was treated expertly, quickly and for free of course.

Hats off to all in the caring and emergency services working over the Christmas period (and the rest of the year).

patriotpro
    Free Member

project – Member
    Hopefully non us of will need their free services over the Christmas and New Year.

To my knowledge, they’re funded by the tax-payer so not free.

Scapegoat

patriotpro – Member

🙄

dab

^^^^^
    I’d bet that if you had a car crash and needed cut out
    Rushed to hospital and the care it wouldn’t scratch
    What you’d paid in “taxes “

I for one appreciate what they do
    Paid or unpaid

althepal

(sigh)
    Free at point of delivery then…
    Pedantry aside, my first Christmas off since the weans arrived so am very much looking forward to this one for a change.
    Stay safe out there everyone!

MarinNo8
    Free Member

I too would like to thank all of our emergency and military services. I’m merely a volunteer with the Welsh Ambulance Service (community first responder) but I shall be on call for as much of this festive season as I can to try to help in some small way to relieve the burden. Merry Christmas to you all and many, many thanks for all your hard work.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers and don’t forget all the military too

I actually finish shift on Christmas morning at 8 and off for four days 😉 but nights on New years eve and day. Missed far too many important dates with 10 years in army and in 11th in fire service. Had my 18th and 21st in Bosnia lol

Look after yourselves 😉

Drac

Cheers peeps.

I’m lucky I finish Thursday coming and not back until the 28th, I’m on nights then through out New Year weekend. However, being off Xmas is a rare treat for me it’ll be maybe 5 in the last 20 years I’ve been off. Still I knew when I signed up I’d be working when others are at home.

druidh
    Free Member

I’d like to also pass my best regards on to all the Social Workers (my wife has Christmas off this year – first time in a decade?), the filling station attendants, the electricity, gas and telecoms workers, the support workers in banks, the on-screen and behind-the-screens folk in TV (and on the radio), security guards, prison workers, folk stranded at sea on oil and gas platforms, a whole host of small retailers and, of course, the various IT bods up and down the country keeping the internerdz alive so we have somewhere to escape to when it all gets too much for us.

stumpy01

My OH might have to work Christmas day. Late change of rota, but last 2 Christmas’ she’s had off so can’t be too disappointed about it.

Will find out Monday, I think.

Thanks to ’em all…..

Kevevs
    Free Member

This is a good thread. Thank you in advance if I make any cockups, you never know. I know for a fact Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue do sterling work in stupid conditions at stupid hours and mostly voluntary. So those boys deserve a thanks. I just hope I’m sensible enough not to have to get them out.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ahh well, that’s ok then, divvy. 🙄

Anyway, I’m off xmas day, but lots of my colleagues aren’t. Luck of the draw & bad management.

pennine
    Free Member

On a personal note, my brother who died suddenly 4yrs ago, gave 40 years to mountain & cave rescue. RAF SAR Leuchars, Kinloss & Leeming. UWFRA, CRO & SARDA. Called out 2hrs after Pan Am Flight 103 hit Lockerbie. He’d dealt with the dead many times but the sheer number he came across was something else. Took his search dogs to various earthquake zones eg Turkey & Pakistan.
    So yes, I add my thanks to all those mentioned in previous posts.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my gf (staff nurse, was A&E last year but switched to anaesthetics in the summer) normally prefers to be at work over christmas but this year is on an enforced 4 week “holiday” after fracturing her ankle.

but yes, thanks to all of those working to ensure that the rest of us have as safe and comfortable a time as is possible. most of us really do appreciate your efforts and sacrifices.

j3ffo
    Free Member

I will be working on the air ambulance on 22nd 23rd and then in hospital on 24th 25th. I’m not sweating it because unlike the patients I get to go home at then end of the day.

The sentiments on this thread are very warming and in turn my thoughts go out to others inc patients and those serving over seas.

bruneep

working, but getting paid for it. Spare a thought for all the volunteers who will out working unpaid.

mark90
    Free Member

Can I send her a virtual pint and a hug? That’s a lovely thing to hear, and you’re a lucky man.

Happy Christmas to you and your family. You (plural) have earned and deserve it.

Appreciated.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

prison workers,

Cheers Druidh, we rarely get any recognition.

Mrs is a staff nurse on a kids HDU, happily off for Xmas day as well (for a change)

Scamper
    Free Member

And also to those medical hm forces apart from doing their usual stuff, also working on the nhs wards and A&E over Xmas.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Don’t forget the 24/7 365 petrol station staff who save those of us who still need to get those last minute Xmas presents, on Xmas day.

fadda

Great thread. Delighted to add my grateful thanks and best wishes.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Huge thanks to the Air Ambulance that lifted my lad to the Hallamshire after his tree falling exploits at Ladybower Res – the whole team were brilliant – pilots, medics and the team at the hospital.

You are a pretty incredible bunch of people, often criticised by some, but always appreciated when needed.

Virtual pint and mince pie to all.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

huge thanks from me too. i spent christmas last year in A+E holding my nans hand while the excellent crew there stitched her ear back together and saw to the extensive bruising where she had fallen. i have always had huge respect for our amazing emergency services but the quiet way they brushed aside my thanks for working that day really touched me.

thank you to all our emergency services, not just for christmas but for the other 364 days of the year too

palliative.stare
    Free Member

Social Worker

Ta, I’m currently at the in-laws in London, where I’ll be leaving the wife and daughter before returning back up north to run an emergency duty team. I’ll next see them on the 29th 🙁

Hat’s off from me for all those caring for a loved one, behind closed doors and away from the thanks of many. We don’t do enough for these folk.

oldgit
    Free Member

Big ol friendly punch in the arm to all of you.

My missus a nurse will be spending her first Christmas day in three years with our kids and grand daughter this year.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Christmas Cheers and a big thank you to all of you! Take care folks!

cheburashka
    Free Member

+1, you have my admiration.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks to the Lifeboat crew at the end of the causeway (at my Sailing Club) Thanks Fids.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Let’s not forget the lbs workers and CRC drones?

Without whom we wouldn’t have bikes to ride.

patriotpro
    Free Member

dab – Member
    ^^^^^
    I’d bet that if you had a car crash and needed cut out
    Rushed to hospital and the care it wouldn’t scratch
    What you’d paid in “taxes “

I for one appreciate what they do
    Paid or unpaid

Yawn, Yawn, climb down off the horse. I appreciate them as much as anyone. I was simply stating the truth.

singletrackmind

Can I add a big thanks to all blood donors as well.
    Each year approx 2,000,000 units of blood are used in UK hospitals , many in life saving situations.
    Without constant donations the Uk blood banks supplies drop quickly and there is constant demand for blood donors.
    Thank you .

I thought this thread , of all threads , would be exempt from ‘Big Hitter ‘ pedantry. Just for once leave your issues outside the door.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Christmas THANK YOU to the emergency services over Christmas page’ is closed to new replies.