Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheshire Oaks – Suit and shirts (amongst other stuff)
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

OK, heading to Cheshire Oaks tomorrow hopefully (macho I know), and would like to get, or at least look at, a new suit and some formal shirts (both slim fit, ie not old man fuddy duddy fit and design).

Don’t really want to spend much more than say £150 on a suit, and £30 ish on shirts (those prices are flexible if its a good deal or whatever.

Only problem is I don’t have much time, so wont have time to go round each and every shop, find out if they have anything in my price-range/fit etc. So does anyone have any recommendations on which shops I should check out? Anyone been lately and had any luck?

Here’s a list of the clothes shops if it makes any difference;

http://www.cheshireoaksdesigneroutlet.com/brand-directory/index.htm

Also looking at some cheap (less than £40) smart shoes if anyone has any recommendations for them too.

Plus, anyone been recently and seen any silly good deals on other stuff?

Many thanks,
    Duane 🙂

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I get my work shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt. They normally have a “4 for £80” deal going. They have slim fit as well.

Moss had some nice linen jacket last time I was there.

cxi
    Free Member

I got a suit from the Jeff Banks shop at Cheshire Oaks.

Had slogged round many of the other stores but gave up on many of the “designer” ones as I kept getting told the jacket / trousers cannot be split.

Whilst I’m a 34″ waist, I usually end up needing a 38″ waist to get the trousers over my thighs. Hence I end up needing a slightly weird combination of trouser / jacket size.

Duane…
    Free Member

Cheers.

How much was the JB suit if you don’t mind me asking?

mrmo
    Free Member

i picked up a suit from M and S it was about £100 i seem to remember, list was £200 but this was a year ago so i could be wrong.

theotherjonv

Tyrwhitt for the shirts, definitely. I bought my first ones from them a year ago and I’m a convert. They’ve always got a sale on (which does annoy me, ‘cos then it’s not really a sale) and for about £25 a shirt the difference in quality and the wear resistance compared to shirts that are still 2/3 of their price at least is like chalk and cheese. Have 5 now, they get worn almost every week and they are as good as new.

Sizing I find spot on and the slim fits are great, even though I’m not slim (not tonnes of billowy excess fabric)

They do also do some heavily tailored ones for the real slim boys but I’m not going there……

v10
    Free Member

I got a suit from boggi (or some something like that there), picked up a couple of shirts there too. Couldnt really complain about the service…the Italian chick that measured me up was HOT.

marcus7
    Free Member

If you cant find a suit at cheshire oaks then i’d give up! the new M&S there has loads as do all the other suit places (unsuprisingly). sizing can be a pain but the range is huge and generally the prices are very good. There are some shoe places and also some designer stores if you fancy…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

All the suit shops worth bothering with are in the same area. From boggi go to Jeff Banks you will see a couple of suit shops inbetween, such as Moss and Suits You (just changed hands could have a new name now) French Connection, All Saints normally have bargains too but are often really small or really big, so if times an issue don’t bother. Austin Reed I find isn’t that well stocked so I’d skip that too.

The Italian girl in Boggi is gorgeous and helpful, I’d go there first call as you can sometimes pick up a real bargain. The shirts in Moss are often good value and they normally have plenty in. The shop that was Suits You were selling off Racing Green shoes for £10 the other day some had £150rrp.

The sooner you get suited the sooner you can go to the red house for yummy fish and chips.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Lol just seen V10s comments in Boggi too. She is hot… As I said above go there first.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheshire Oaks – Suit and shirts (amongst other stuff)’ is closed to new replies.