Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheers to all the Doggers
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Just really wanted to say thanks to everyone who was at the Brighton Big Dog yesterday.

Had a great day, really enjoyed myself and i wasn't even racing. I was marshalling at the top car park (the one the course came past 3 times, i was the big guy in the red tee-shirt) and everyone seemed happy and enjoying the course. I managed to get in a Onederdoglap at about 5.30 and i must say i thought the singletrack was spot on and loads of it 😛

Hope the person who messed their shoulder up is ok and it wasn't anything too serious but think it might have been given the state they were in apparantly 🙁

As well as all this the after party in town was a good laugh with a free bar for a few hours :P.

Can't wait till next year and might even marshall again, its great to have this sort of event on your door step.

Right I've got the mother of all hangovers so i think I'm going back to bed as soon as I've finished my cuppa 😯

Will post up some of my pics a bit later for anyone thats interested.

hazeii
    Free Member

A grand day out indeed! Thanks for the marshalling, sounds like that's the guy I reported to you? He binned it in front of me, I stopped to check and he was mostly concerned about not interfering with my race!

Just the right number of riders out on the course, given all the singletrack. Thought passing might be a bit of an issue but even in the narrows all the riders I passed/was passed by were so polite it was like a tea party.

Great bit of course improvisation by the organisers after the first lap wasp nest incident! Got about half a dozen stings to arms and legs, felt sorry for others who got it worse – I know one rider got stung near the eye and the medics wouldn't let him back out on the course afterwards.

Better book my place for next year, I can see it selling out even quicker!

bigsi
    Free Member

This event should get bigger year on year as the course was better than Mayhem or 24/12 in terms of singletrack, more like Thetford with altitude 😉

Sam

Really amazing course, great organisation and good people. I've had the good fortune of going to a number of great events this year but this one could have topped the lot. Thanks to all involved!

RupertRivett
    Free Member

PHOTOS OF THE BIG DOG
    CLICK HERE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheers to all the Doggers’ is closed to new replies.