• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ianv.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Check out new Indoor MTB/BMX centre proposal in Manchester – what do you think?
  • dirtfactory
    Free Member

http://www.dirtfactory.org

Can you spare a few moments and take a look, like the facebook page and answer the survey, which can be found on the main website blog or facebook page.

Your support is important

Thanks

franksinatra

indoor mountain biking? What tyres………

Sound daft to me and I can’t imagine ever going there. I love open spaces, fresh air, natural environment, getting wet etc. But, what I love about mountain biking is not what everybody loves about it. If it gets more people riding bikes then that is a. good. thing.

Good luck.

wwaswas

turbo trainer for mtbers 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

where in greater manchester as that is quite a big area?

zilog6128

I live down south but would love something like this close to me – it would be great to session jumps, etc (which I am crap at) in a nice safe environment to build up skill & confidence for the trails.

unklehomered
    Free Member

More of an indoor jump park pump track really, rather an mountian biking (singletrack), but for a city then fair enough, I can imagine there might be the demand. good luck. 8)

grum
    Free Member

I reckon I’d go. Be good to be able to practice jumping etc without worrying about weather. Get Jedi to build the jumps. 🙂

AlexSimon

Filled in the survey. Good luck!

woody2000

Looks like Ray’s.

http://www.raysmtb.com/

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its like a dirt skate park, brilliant idea. I would love to have a go at somewhere like that. Great for learning how to jump over the winter. You should have an old biffers night where ther are no kids in skinny jeans laughing at the old folks mad skilz.

AlexSimon

I_Ache
    You should have an old biffers night where ther are no kids in skinny jeans laughing at the old folks mad skilz.

Ha – I just said as much on the survey form 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds good. If there was a local one I’d ride it loads.

titusrider
    Free Member

Social inclusion
    Having Fun and inspiring others to ride there bikes

doesn’t pass the STW grammar pedant test…..

uwe-r
    Free Member

Good luck with it. The problem I envisage is, like skate parks, the demand may come from scrotty kids who don’t have two beans two rub together and will always be trying to get in for free! Affluent and overweight mid management IT types may be put off by there lack of skills. I would be but I’d like a go.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Seen a few MTB’s sessioning the indoor bmx track in MCR already, maybe an odd choice to build another venue here to compete with that, although specific design elements may appeal to wider audience?

That said… If it’s near Chorlton then great, less travel to ride of an evening 😉

portlyone

+1 Chorlton

I wonder where Lance McDermott practiced? Those foam pits might be fun…

joepose
    Free Member

Lucky I live out in the sticks but can see how its hard for some to get out of the city. Always thought it would be ace to convert an old block of flats into a downill course by ripping out the inside and creating jumps and burms on the way down. Could even take the lift up!

funkrodent

Yep, looks good. Sounds great, would need to think about differentiation from what they have in the Velodrome though

dirtfactory
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone who has taken the survey so far and thanks for all the constructive comments.

@funkrodent and rhbrhb – dirt factory differentiates massively from the indoor bmx centre, they offer a racing style pedally bmx track which in my opinion will get very boring, it is mainly used to develop athletes/olympians, dirt factory intends to be a fun recreational centre with plenty of different things to do for different types of bikers, appreciate your comments tho guys.

dirtfactory
    Free Member

Please keep your feedback coming, very useful.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Hi df, just seen your reply, appreciate you’ll differentiate.

FWIW the indoor centre has recently built a load of ramps for freestyle, worth checking out.

dirtfactory
    Free Member

Nearly 250 surveys completed, keep up your support. If you want to follow Dirt Factory and/or want to take the survey, go to our website here DIRT FACTORY

eightyeight
    Free Member

Any news on this?

nbt

Been following them on facebook – they’ve been talking to backers and got support from experienced trailbulders, but there’s nothing concrete yet

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Can you spare a few moments and take a look, like the facebook page and answer the survey, which can be found on the main website blog or facebook page.

Your support is important

Thanks

Looks horrible to me! Cycling is about going outside and getting wet if it rains, to my way of thinking, and learning about maps, self-sufficiency and getting along with others (horses and their riders, walkers, bulls, dogs etc).

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

But, what I love about mountain biking is not what everybody loves about it. If it gets more people riding bikes then that is a. good. thing.

Good luck.

here here!

DJTC
    Free Member

sounds great to me. the american ones like rays and 150 seem to be a big hit so dont see why it couldnt be here. as long as you had a big variation in stuff to ride other than just jumps. i would go.

ianv
    Free Member

Like a bouldering wall, but for bikes. If I lived in Manchester I would be there all the time during the winter.

I hope it works out.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Check out new Indoor MTB/BMX centre proposal in Manchester – what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.