Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheapest way to buy a new car….
  • DrP

Firstly, not for me, but my aged relatives who ‘don’t have the Internet” are looking to buy a brand new Toyota iq 1l multidrive (auto) with a few bits of trim.
    They’ve wandered into the garage, and practically made the salesman’s day with their ignorance to the remainder of the market!
    I’ve offered to have a scout around, but have come a cropper as i’m not sure which car supermarkets to looks at for the best prices.
    So, in a hunt for a new car, which a online/real world places can I get a few quotes from in order for my gramps to appear a bit more competitive???

Ta muchly!

DrP

geoffj

Drive the deal?

john_drummer
    Free Member

autotrader, what car, honest john, all of these should give you a reasonable picture

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    highclimber
    Free Member

Why buy new? they will lose money faster in the first few years than any nearly new car.

DrP

High climber – this fact is lost on them, but I respect their choices!!
    Will look at drive the deal, ta!

DrP

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Visit a few dealers who can source the car, ask them for their very best price and or package for the (whatever it’s called Toyota).

Tell the salesman up are asking he same question from a number of dealers (don’t confirm which) and the one who provides the best overall price / package / availability overall, will get the sale.

It might work a few pounds off the screen price.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why not do a lease, personal plan type deal? Sign up, pay up per month etc, no disrespect, give back if getting too old to drive without the depreciation??

althepal

Motorpoint? We got our brand new focus there with 9 miles on the clock for £3.5k less than list price.
    Don’t know if they do toyotas though..

bruneep

Lings? Just so you can wonder at the website

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Just a little thing i took from your original post. They are aged relatives.

I would guess from that they would appreciate a bit of service and support from a happy dealership, maybe above and beyond which would come from the dealer getting a good deal as well.

Lets face it, the car isnt high premium car so the margins are likely to be pretty small. I think you would be better served making sure they offer them the best of service rather than just a few quid off.

My dad is ex forces and wouldnt get stiffed by anyone. Buys his cars of the same salesman every time and never ever queries the price even though he knows i could easily get him a better deal. Why is this? Because he knows if it coughs or splutters or he walks into the dealership the guy is the first to jump out of his seat and come and look after my dad or my mum. The fact the guy was a salesman 15yrs ago and is now dealer principle helps though 😉

Sometimes when you are getting on a bit service is as valuable as price.

DrP

Lets face it, the car isnt high premium car so the margins are likely to be pretty small. I think you would be better served making sure they offer them the best of service rather than just a few quid off.

Well, it’s over £12k for a teeny car! Bonkers, but their dosh!

Erie the deal has the car for about £1.2k cheaper, so 10% isn’t to be sniffed at. But….they are also aware of the importance of having a local dealer on their side….

Will pass in e very useful info to the purse holders and see how it pans out!
    Ta
    DrP

jet26
    Free Member

Decide on model/colour/spec etc

Once in a position to buy phone nearest four garages and speak to sales manager. Say you will go I that day/week and buy cash and ask them to call you back with best price they can do.

That technique has produced some very good prices in the past – they will try hardto get you there – easier to negotiate when you’re not there…

faz083
    Free Member

please purchase something that will allow them to exceed 40mph.

Thankyou.

DrP

please purchase something that will allow them to exceed 40mph.

I love them dearly, but even if it was a zonda or noble m12, I very much doubt it would get near your expectations of a ‘reasonable speed’on any stretch of our nations highways….!
    I won’t get in the car with them, their driving infuriates me so much!

DrP

DrP

Decide on model/colour/spec etc

Once in a position to buy phone nearest four garages and speak to sales manager. Say you will go I that day/week and buy cash and ask them to call you back with best price they can do.

£1200 better off so far…..! Will see if that improves!

DrP

totalshell

money to old folks is not the issue my parents mid seventies want a bunch of flowers for the mrs and car mats for me dad and yes sir no sir service..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest way to buy a new car….’ is closed to new replies.