Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Cheap Helmet Cam (has this been done?)
  • grumm
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner – there's lots of useful stuff if you type D001 camera into youtube as well btw.

Stoner
    Free Member
    singlespeedstu

Ive done a bit of sniffing about and there is a differnece between the AEE DV80 (metal case nice buttons etc) and a Chinese knock off called the D001

You're not wrong there.

Looking at the vid you linked to the controls seem to be propper switches.
    The cheap copy version just has small buttons that you press.
    The LEDs in the linked version also look about 100 times better.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these from the sellers in China/HK or UK, any good? Noticed that in some of the images of the item some look like they have a metal case (shiney) and others look like dull plastic in the same listing, and some images have what looks like a remote control unit … so what arrived in your package?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I've recieved mine tonight. Will let you all know how it goes (I currently only have and an old 8gb micro SD card so I expect it to be jittery) It looks good so far out of the box. But I guess you should never judge a book….

bomberman
    Free Member

thread marked! 😉

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I've ordered one – it looks better than the tony hawk one I used to have and even if it's only a 5 min record it'll be good for giggles down some of the DH runs.

allthepies
    Free Member

Battery on mine lasts about 20 mins on record. Caveat emptor

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

well I tried mine tonight on my night ride, but the natural light was poor as sunset was setting around 3:30pm and my camera was clipped on my rucksack and not facing my front properly. But all in all im very pleased to be honest. For 15 quid its rather good. I left it recording (it appears to record in seperate chunks around 60-80mb, which I suppose is a bind but plenty of programs will stich these together if its broken on a critical point). I also stacked my bike tonight off camber with it on my rucksack but its fine).

Out the box you get a neoprene cover, a power supply via usb lead, a stand which could be used as a helmet mount and a usb lead, lanyard and webcam holder, manual). As soon as the light in the sky set it went quite choppy (as I would expect). My Micro SD card is only class 2 and it coped pretty well. I am going to get a 4gb class 6 as that should do the job.

Im happy. The quality and detail of the video is remarkably good. Oh and it lasted well over an hour. What I thought to overcome battery life is to incorporate a longer usb lead to a seperate battery in your rucksack. Im sure its worth looking at.

All in all worth the money. When I get time I will stick a video up.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member
    Notter
    Free Member

Regarding charging this STW phenomenon(!) I left mine plugged in for a good 8 / 9 hours yesterday and both the blue and red LEDs were still on, is there any indicator for when the thing is fully charged?

bomberman
    Free Member

Camera I bought UK supplier

The cheeky git has put the price up from £14.99 to £15.99 and now £16.99 😡

jam-bo

got mine today but forgot to order a card as it doesnt come with one.

that should be here in the next day or two hopefully.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Bomberman. Its still worth it mate. Im quite pleased with mine so far. Who knows how long it will last. I've just ordered a class 6 card for about 9 quid from memorybits.co.uk

All in all 25-30 quid for a tiny camera aint bad is it?

I promise to post a vid sometime this week. Youtube will spoil the quality. I will upload to a sharing site. Its just at the minute when I get home form work its dark! I have weds afternoon off so will post then (hopefully new card will be here)

Anyone else had theirs?

davy-g
    Free Member

although it states on the Ebay page that the resoloution is 30fps 720 x 480 it also states in the specs (below the picture of the cam and accessories) that the res is 640 x 480 (look at "Video Function and Format"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-Spy-cam-SpyCam-MD80-DC_W0QQitemZ300374575396QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11724QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63

kimbers

rumbledethumps

any vids up yet?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

kimbers go here mate:

vid

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mine turned up this morning. What a dinky little thing it is too, took a short bit of footage on a 1GB card I had lying about and it aint 3 bad actually.
    I am happy with it.

Bregante

mine came today. trying to set it up as we speak. The instructions are hilarious;

"MINI DV D001
    User Manual

Thank you for purchasing MINI DV—D001. It has adopted unique ultra-portable design, which makes it apply to every area. MINI DV—D001 brings more convenience, safety and funs to your daily life.

I Characters of Product
    ? It has small contour design, which does UV spray finishing for the whole body. It is very fashionable and wearable and matches with all kinds of portable tools.
    ? Support PC camera and chatting function.
    ? Support AVI video format.
    ? It can carry out high definition image recording under low illumination.
    ? Support 30 fps for 720*480
    ? Support USB1.1 and USB2.0.
    ? Support 8GB T-flash card.(maximum)
    ? Build-in lithium battery which can make a video more than two hours
    II Operation Guide

1. Charge
    The battery is built-in lithium rechargeable battery, so when you use it the first time, please charge firstly. The method for charging as following:
    1.) Connect computer: use USB cable to connect the computer, then it can be charged.
    2.) Use adaptor: connect charger plug with USB cable, then plug into electrical connector receptacle, it can be charged.
    When you charge it, green light and red light will bright simultaneously, of which states are stillness.

Notice: when battery power is not enough, D001 will enter into protection mode, so it cannot be turn on. Now, please charge for it.

2. Power on to video

Press Power button slightly, yellow indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into startup ready mode, which can enter into standby mode quickly. Press Record / Stop button slightly, yellow indicator light begins to bright, red indicator light starts to flash slowly. At this time, it begins to make a video. The resolution for video file is 720*480, and frame number is 29–30fps/S. Then short press Record / Stop button, video is stopped and saved automatically. After saving the red indicator light remains light. If you need to continue to video, please press Record / Stop button slightly once more.

Notice:
    a. Please make sure T-flash (Micro SD) card has been inserted, if not, it will be power off automatically after 30 seconds.
    b. The maximum capacity of T-flash card is 8GB.
    c. Saving file needs certain time, so please don’t press Operation button continuously in order to avoid saving unsmoothly and generating incomplete file.
    d. When you make a video, please focus on the object and keep 50cm under sufficient illumination. Then the video will be right, natural color, clear and stable.

3. Sound control video (optional)

Press Power button slightly, yellow indicator light begins to bright, now it enters into startup ready mode, which can enter into standby mode quickly. At that time, press MODE button slightly, and then you can switch into sound control video mode. Now yellow indicator light always brights, red indicator light flash quickly (indicate sound control standby mode). When decibel of video is more than 60, then it will be video automatically. At the moment, yellow indicator light always brights, red indicator light flash slowly. (Indicate under sound control video)
    When sound control starts, the shortest shoot time is 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, if there is no any sound, D001 will save file automatically and switch into standby mode. If there still has sound after 2 minutes, D001 will continue to shoot."

etc

monkeychild
    Free Member

I'm charging mine and I have a solid blue LED. It says not to charge more than 3 hours from the wall socket as well.

Bregante

I did have the solid blue – now got red?!?

Notter
    Free Member

I think if both lights are solid then you're charged. The red one blinks when charging (blue is on solid while this is happening also.)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Helmet Cam (has this been done?)’ is closed to new replies.