• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Charlie Brooker on PCs vs Macs
  • geoffj

At least the grinning di**os in the Windows video are fictional, whereas eerie replicant Mac monks really are everywhere, standing over your shoulder in their charcoal pullovers, smirking with amusement at your hopelessly inferior OS, knowing they're better than you because they use Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.

😆

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/sep/28/charlie-brooker-microsoft-mac-windows

el_boufador

quality!

also: mac winkers

IanMunro
    Free Member

Windows is like the faint smell of piss in a subway: it's there, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Class 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

sadly I agree with him. Apart from the bit about windows 7. It's pretty good.

But ipods rock.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

mmm yes I'm on Win 7 right now, works great. It may give the mac monks a little less to be smug about. If that's possible…

DrDolittle
    Free Member

I saw Brooker on Oxford street this afternoon, standing outside of HMV chatting on what looked very much like an Iphone. This much is true. It is purely my personal opinion however that he is neither a funny nor incisive writer, more of a very English Woody Allen for the calloused thumbed than the Hunter S Thompson of middlebrow culture that his acolates would claim.

Thats probably why he gave me a dirty look.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Did you say that to him, or just express it through a look?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Did you say that to him, or just express it through a look?

It was merely a glance this afternoon, but I think he understood. He may have recognised me from 7/8 years ago though when he shared a flat with a friend of mine. On one of the very few occasions I met him we were both intoxicated and disagreed about something, I genuinely cannot remember what. I probably wouldn't recognise someone I met briefly a couple of times in those circumstances so long ago, but maybe he did. Maybe he thought I was going to hit him.

GrahamS

Didn't we do this already?

Anyway, did anyone watch him on GamesWipe? **** funny!

samuri
    Free Member

On one of the very few occasions I met him we were both intoxicated and disagreed about something,

If I met him when drunk, I suspect the issue would have been 'the stupid **** smug look on your fat chinned face is winding me right up'.

Normally I'm a very placid and restrained individual and will only exercise violence under extreme conditions. Booker is one of those conditions, although as I've mentioned, he's probably right about macophiles. (although not as right as he thinks, I've tried to use MACs a lot [assuming all the people who say they're good must have a point], and they're really not that good) .

nickjb
    Free Member

Anyway, did anyone watch him on GamesWipe? **** funny!

+1

He walks a fine line and often strays onto the smug tw*t side but he makes me laugh

manitou
    Free Member

has anyone watched the truely aweful windows launch party on youtube? WTF?

druidh
    Free Member

Who?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I got about 30 seconds through it, but then had to go and kill someone.

Olly
    Free Member

i dont care if its put on for the cameras, or if hes a smug ****. even if its just showmanship, hes still bloody brilliant.
    of all the smug pricks (ricky gervais et al) hes the only one i like.

re: OP; Ubuntu FTW!

ourmaninthenorth

What a silly little man. All that shrieking for no purpose whatsoever.

That's level one on Danté's inferno of post-modernistic sh*te.

C minus. Please come up with something original in the future, Mr Brooker.

Olly
    Free Member

OMITN? 😉

geoffj

Olly – that's just your average STWer that is! 😆

Olly
    Free Member

"Steel is real" STWers?

or orange5 riders? (everyones got one, everyone whos got one bonks on about it, therefore, i wont be buying one) hehe

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Charlie Brooker on PCs vs Macs’ is closed to new replies.