Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Charge cooker 29er
  • Wharfedale
    Free Member

I’ve been offered a good deal on a charge cooker frame to build up. Does anyone have any experience of them? or own one?

I’m a big fan of steel frames and they seem to get a pretty good write up.

Ta

Mole
    Free Member

My brother had one and raved about it.Don’t think you can go wrong if you’re into steel anyway.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Have you seen this…..

I know a good rider can ride any bike well, but it looks like a pretty capable bike.

cubecomp
    Free Member

IM selling mine on here its a really nice frame pretty much do it all im sorry to see it go
    The only thing i would say that i hate to get get my head round was the size of the headtube apart from very nice
    The only reason im selling iv gone TI

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. Bike ordered. Should be here for the weekend 🙂

jaymoid

+1 they’re ace fun. I’ve found they are at the best when charging through woodland singletrack, not the most agile but then my build is heavy.

I’ve just put a rigid fork on mine so am looking forward to using that when the weather gets a bit better round my way.

Another fun cooker vid:
    http://vimeo.com/78387374

jaymoid

The only thing i would say that i hate to get get my head round was the size of the headtube

Oh yeah, you probably won’t need any spacers. Mine came with a negative rise stem, might be a good idea, plus I think they look kinda retro which fits the bike.

mattjg
    Free Member

anyone know the location of the singletrack in the Doney vid? looks South Downsy to me.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nice to see the Purbecks video there 🙂
    Haven’t ridden over there for a while since i sold the MTB and concentrated on running and road.
    Judging by the fact i can’t see the hills out the office window because of the low cloud, i would imagine the Franks Tank trail at the end of the film will be looking somewhat different today 😕

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Corfe to Charminster every day is a bit of a trek too. Broadstone to Tower Park is bad enough 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

anyone know the location of the singletrack in the Doney vid? looks South Downsy to me.

Yes it is the south downs. I bet he didn’t get permission to ride and film in that quarry.

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Bought one on here, 29er, rigid & steel. Love it, blasted round thetford & swinley. Had to change stem length when I first got it but it loves singletrack now. Running a 65mm stem & 760mm fatbar. Saving for a Ti one now as I had a Ti Cove Hummer before. Enjoy.

Paceman
    Free Member

Great bike for woodland singletrack, I love mine 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Charge cooker 29er’ is closed to new replies.