• This topic has 49 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by juan.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Change of forum name question.
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

What happens if a premier member gets banned?
    Do they get a partial refund?

Depending on how they perceive the fairness of their ban they tend to go for the – sod that I’m cancelling my all singing all dancing subscription, get their money back (quite quickly to be fair) and never turn a page of the mag again.

Kryton57

I want to change mine after reading the instructions wrongly. Can’t though.

My name isn’t really Kryton 😳

Mark

Access to the forum is not part of our subscriptions. If you are banned from the forum you are not banned from the premier features of the site like the mag archive. You can still reduce the ads and post on front page stories. You just can’t post on the forum while you are banned.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mark up there ^

He’s been banned shitloads of times. Keeps coming back too.

Drac

He thinks he owns the place.

Mark

As has been said, we don’t ban IP addresses as that’s clumsy and results in collateral damage. We ban accounts (very rarely people) If duplicate accounts are reported to us or we spot them then we act. If anyone starts a new account while banned then we ban the account and extend the original ban. But we can only do that if we are made aware of them.

Mark

And I’ll take this opportunity to point out that traditionally at this time of year all bans from say, now will be for the rest of the year so that we can all have a break from moderating to get some turkey and family time 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, I have a nice report on some bigotry posts cooking nicely.

*gets writing*

JoeG
    Free Member

juan
    Free Member

Not that its ever happened to me but I dont think there’s a realistic way of doing it unless sites get and record MAC addresses or similar.

Download mac address emulator… Un-banned

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Change of forum name question.’ is closed to new replies.