Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • cardinham woods trail centre
  • geologist
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden the new trails there yet?

julioflo
    Free Member

Yep. Only once though. I was very impressed. The surface isn’t that rough, but it’;s very very flowing and the final Red descent is great!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Yep, nice flowy trails about 4.5 miles of blue with two sections of red now open.

There is a cafe & they are building some new toilets too.

There will be other sections opened in the future too.

Rosss
    Free Member

Yeah, ridden it a few times and love it. Great fun and much better than anything down that way currently. Plenty of scope for additions too.

geologist
    Free Member

Excellent, im working in Falmouth next week, so will stop off for a couple of laps tomorrow afternoon, on the way down.

Cheers

crispybacon
    Free Member

Don’t forget your £2 for the car park or £3 if your gonna be there for a bit longer 🙂

geologist
    Free Member

Haha, cheers, ill make sure i have cash on me 🙂

orena45

Several times, its good 🙂

Nice little video on Westcoast Mountainbiking

carlphillips
    Free Member

its not too bad, 3 laps or so are needed to get a half decent length ride, ime the extra climb for the additional descent (can’t remember the name) is not worth the effort, the rest of the trail flows pretty well though.

Rosss
    Free Member

A few people have suggested the long climb before hells teeth is not worth it but personally I really enjoyed the section. If you’re not in a such do it and see for yourself

jam-bo

Heard good reports and really should go as its only half hour from here…

enigmas
    Free Member

Done it a quite a few times as i live fairly local, it’s shorter than the larger centres but is really flowy and you won’t get bored. Highlights include the first red section (dialed in dave?) and the main blue descent(the one with like 10 rollers in a row)

PrinceJohn

It’s great, very enjoyable.

If you’re down this way you could also do a lot worse than follow the recent race course we had down this way.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Excellent. I’m working in St Austell this week, so will be heading there on Tuesday night.

Rosss
    Free Member

John, what style of riding is that loop, my brother lives about 5 miles from there. Is it similar to cardinham with jumps and drops or out-and-out XC.

orena45

The XC race loop linked above is at an area known locally as Poldice Valley and is the local downhill/free ride area. The XC race took in one of the older dh runs and there’s loads of newer lines which all criss-cross on that side of the valley. Plenty of stuff if you have a DH bike but it’s still great fun on a trail bike and as the racers found, good fun even on an xc bike. Loads of stuff to link up 🙂

PrinceJohn

John, what style of riding is that loop, my brother lives about 5 miles from there. Is it similar to cardinham with jumps and drops or out-and-out XC.

I think a lot of the xc crowd were a little taken aback about how tough it was compared to some of the other places they’ve ridden. There’s loads of stuff about there, the race loop is a pretty good starting place if you’ve got no guide. There’s a couple of groups on facebook – Cornwall Freeriders & Cornwall Trail Riders who often do Tuesday night rides around the area.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘cardinham woods trail centre’ is closed to new replies.