Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cardiff – easy night rides
  • tommo
    Free Member

Getting back into mountain biking after a baby-forced break.

Anyone want to join me on night rides in the week?

Easy trails, couple of hours is what I’m doing at the moment.

hautgrimpeur
    Free Member

Tommo, there always used to be a wednesday evening ride from Tongwynlais starting around 6.30 taking in a pub stop at the Black Cock. Advertised on MTB-wales I believe. I am Ponty based and go out regularly for an evening ride around Barry Sidings if you are up this way.

SaxonRider

tommo, send me an e-mail (in profile). Your request might be my excuse to go back out at night.

Where in the city are you?

SaxonRider

tommo? tommo?

Oh damn. I scared him off.

Paulio
    Free Member

SaxonRider – I’d be up for some night rides around Cardiff. Send me an email if you want to arrange something although I’ll only be good for company as I don’t know many trails in the area!

tommo
    Free Member

Hi SaxonRider – ygm!

And I’m in Whitchurch.

Cheers.

matt23
    Free Member

Would you guys email me would b very interested in meeting up also! Cheers

richwales

There’s a ride every Wednesday. Leaves the lewis arms in tongwynlais at 7.30ish.

SaxonRider

I will e-mail those of you who have asked. tommo, I have sent you a message.

What richwales says is true, and I have never met anyone on that ride that wasn’t supremely decent. In fact, their policy was always to ride only as fast as the slowest guy, and to stop for beer and food at the end.

The only thing is, as someone who would only just be returning to riding in the dark, and not being very fit at that, I would not want to be the one holding them up. I figure if I go out again a number of time and get my confidence up, I will make it to Tongwynlais on a Wednesday sometime by spring…

hugor
    Free Member

I ride with the Wed night Lewis arms crew when work and other things permit.
    They are a great bunch of guys of varying abilities from elite to gumby.
    I’m the gumby!! They always wait and have no issue with it.
    Come and join me up the back!!
    If you want to go out some other time I’ll go with you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cardiff – easy night rides’ is closed to new replies.