Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Carbon Seatpost (Am I going to die / get pungee impaled content)
  • continuity
    Free Member

I won a brand new seatpost on eBay for 12 quid.

It’s the same as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-CARBON-PREMIUM-FRESH-GEARS-SEAT-POST-27-2-x-350mm-ULTRA-LIGHT-ONLY-165grams-/181663680039

It’s clearly carbon; the weight is honest (ish, I weighed as 170g), but the name is “Premium Fresh Gears Carbon Seatpost”.

I mean if that doesn’t scream yer gonna die, what does?

That said, I buy, climb and fall on used climbing gear so how much death can there be? I guess the idea of a sharded carbon spike going up my backside is somewhat emotive.

jimjam
    Free Member

It may not go up your butt. It might just rip your balls off.

sten1
    Free Member

please dont use it, i mean its going to hurt you.

plus-one

Sure you’ll live .. I’m running a silly light 130g(actual) one on my road bike I bought off the bay last year “climax” it was called(maybe when it snaps you will 😉 .. No problems and it’s really comfy ..

Couldn’t find them but these look identical but bit heavier

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301270979708

globalti
    Free Member

Does anybody else think those graphics look like William Hill the bookies?

brakes
    Free Member

we are very serious “bike people”

sold, where do I sign?

njee20
    Free Member

You’ll almost certainly be absolutely fine. It might break, but it might also break if it said Easton, Bontrager or Ritchey on it. I’d not worry!

continuity
    Free Member

Wonderful. That combined with a £25 Romin Expert Ti saddle means my Agree GTC has just dropped 225g for the princely sum of £37.

Beat that weight weenies.

I mean, quite easily, but half a pound in road bike terms on a carbon bike isn’t to be sniffed at.

zippykona

No doubt it will creak like a bastard even if it doesn’t snap.

retro83
    Free Member

Don’t listen to these naysayers. What’s the worst that could happen (aside from carbon shards heading straight to the heart, getting stabbed in the gooch etc)?

Try it and report back.

firestarter
    Free Member

looks exactly the same as the one on my used roadbike but with horrid graphics 😉 its been fine

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Seatpost (Am I going to die / get pungee impaled content)’ is closed to new replies.