Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car scrappage for my daughter
  • trout
    Free Member

My 19 year old has an old Micra and wants to get a car on the scrappage sceme what is the best deal she can look at .
    like what car to get cheap /reliable/good mpg /cheaper insurance

carbon337
    Free Member

We scrapped our old micra for a fiat 500 for the wife – its a great car really funky, a few toys and no problems yet at 1yr old.

I highly recommend one.

mboy
    Free Member

Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo

My ex GF recently got a good deal on a 107, chopped her old car in againt it too to get the extra £2k discount on the scrappage scheme. Ended up with a brand new car on her drive for £5500, when 3 year old ones with 40,000 miles are selling for £4500 privately!

Good little cars too…

Though Fiat 500 is also nice.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

Just take her down the showroom and see how much they'll give you for her.

trout
    Free Member

Just take her down the showroom and see how much they'll give you for her.

micra cost £300 3 years ago so not worth much now .

mike_check
    Free Member

Depends whether you will be paying up front or on finance, but you can get more than just the scrappage allowance knocked off. Once you have a few options its worth scouting around the dealers, let them know you are definitely buying a new car from someone, but you have a few options.

We scrapped my old Punto which was practically a mechanical write off and got around £5k off the window price + few optional extras from the local Vauxhall dealer.

trout
    Free Member

she is looking online and likes the Mazda 2 good bad or rubbish ???

DickBarton

Good…not quite as 'roomy' as the Fiesta but very similar and very good reports on it.

Fiat Panda 1.1 is going for £4,500 on the scrappage deal…good cars as well…

Flash
    Free Member

Same chassis as the new Ford Ka, which in turn isn't a bad car

crispybacon
    Free Member

she is looking online and likes the Mazda 2 good bad or rubbish ???

I scrapped my 11 year old Mazda 121 & got a Mazda 2 Tamura, fantastic car 45+ miles to the gal, very easy to drive, cheap to insure (but I'm an oldfart) & with the back seats down I can get my bike in the back 😆

Between me & Mrs CB over the last 14 years we have had 5 Mazda's, apart from one puncture & that was a demo car lent to us while ours was being serviced we have had trouble free motoring & we aren't going to change brands anytime soon.

grantway
    Free Member

Trout you probably get £ 2,000
    Think the Fiat 500 be a better bet
    But I think it has the same base as the
    Fiat Panda

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car scrappage for my daughter’ is closed to new replies.