Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon bikes price rise
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

So the prices have gone up a smidge in a day.
    Nerve xc 5 from £1149 to £1299, xc 6 from £1300 ( I think) to £1499.
    Have the sly beggers bumped them up after all the good press then??

ElShalimo

Your quoting Euros – switch your country to UK and see the price in £s.
    Nerve XC 5

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

lulz

speaker2animals

Or is that due to fluctuations in the exchange rate? As you are buying direct from a shop on the continent I expect that the UK price will be effected on a day to day basis. Apparently (I didn’t know as I don’t have to deal with exchange rates anymore) a couple of weeks ago it got down to 1.1 eu/£1 for a few days.

If you are dealing with a company such as Trek for instance, they will have agreed an exchange rate for their UK distributor/agent. This will mean stable prices to a degree for the UK market. However a prolonged variation may well mean a price change when a new batch of bikes are imported I assume. I’m assuming the UK distributor will have a few hundred (or even tens maybe of very high end) in stock, which is why a popular bike will sometimes sell out.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Stupid frikking browser!!!!
    Had £s selected and it was still showing euro prices???? Think my Flashdance had thrown a paddy.
    *Shuffles off sheepishly

andyl
    Free Member

lol £1159 now. £10 could be currency as mentioned.

I hope they don’t go up.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

its due to exchange rate. I spent a while watching a ~900 quid road bike (roadlite 6?) before realising I hated road riding, and a mate bought a £2K road bike from them this spring, it crept up about £100 with the £/E exchange rate getting forever worse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon bikes price rise’ is closed to new replies.