Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can't see a 'what gloves' thread yet so…..What windproof glove?
  • ads678

Can’t find my winter gloves, so need to get some new ones. I’m not really bothered about them being waterproof and don’t want some massive thick can’t use the gear levers type glove. just normalish but windproof.

Any suggestions?

wwaswas

Gore ones are good, ime.

whatever you get make sure it hasn’t got a floating liner. Sweaty hands and a floating liner = hours with a knitting needle trying to get the liner fingers back in the right place.

ads678

Yeah, liners are out as well!!

MSP

Pearl izumi PRO softshel lite

I find they actually work down to about 0 degrees.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have some planet-x gloves for autumn/winter and overall I like them providing it’s above freezing. I have some proper winter gloves for the really cold days (-15 over winter here).

velomanic
    Free Member

I use these: Gul Winter Glove

Designed for sailing so they’re windproof, tough and very comfy. There’s extra material across the palm and around the inside of the thumb (for pulling ropes and all that nautical stuff) which makes them perfect for gripping handlebars 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

Pearl Izumi Cyclone work well for me.

ucantbesirius
    Free Member

Giro Blaze gloves are pretty good for down to about 3-4°C – they have a clarino palm without padding.

jim
    Free Member

Specialized Deflect are nice.

bradley
    Free Member

I don’t know if Berghaus make gloves but might they be worth a shout? My Berghaus jacket is windproof as they come so just thought they may also make gloves for climbing? Maybe?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi Cyclone work well for me.

+1.

FuzzyWuzzy

Just got some of these in the Evans sale, seem OK for me (have plenty of more insulated gloves, just wanted something for when it’s only a bit chilly) http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gore-bike-wear/alp-x-so-light-gloves-ec033522

br
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of Endura Dexter windproof gloves, pretty much have worn them all this year…

Work well.

MSP

The cyclone aren’t as nice as the pro softshell, they are quite similar though, I have them both, but ripped the pro ones in a crash and will be replacing them for winter rather than use the cyclone gloves.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I bought some Softshell PI’s over the summer. Look a lot warmer than the Cyclones (the ones I have are actually insulated rather than just windproof). The Cyclones are great for most of the winter down south and really low bulk.

Clong
    Free Member

Pearl izumi PRO softshel lite

I find they actually work down to about 0 degrees.

+1. Love these things, although i used them to around -12 or so. Just brilliant gloves, for me anyway.

Northwind

Biketart are selling off the Roval windproof/showerproof ones just now, £15 which is a bargain IMO. Think they’re called Mercury?

monkeychild
    Free Member

@velomatic is it the 3 finger ones or the full finger ones you use???
    They look ideal for my road commute when I get back to gloomy blighty.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can't see a 'what gloves' thread yet so…..What windproof glove?’ is closed to new replies.