Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can't log in? – cookies are the issue
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

Last night there was a big upgrade to the site…behind the scenes. I tried to keep it as smooth as possible but these are computers we're talking about and they are stupid.

Clear your cookies if you can't log in. If you don't know how to do that this page will tell you: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050

You can clear just singletrackworld cookies, and keep all your others intact.

Really sorry for this inconvenience. This upgrade really did have to happen, and cookie values got changed.

theflatboy
    Free Member

how much are cookies now? i'll do you a pack of oat and raisins for £1.40

metal_leg
    Free Member

You need to check out the edit profile link – its directing to the "Tom dB" profile for everyone.

DezB
    Free Member

^^ s'true!

tomdebruin
    Free Member

oops. bit of a schoolboy error there. oh well. It's fixed. Thanks.

GrahamS

BTW if anyone is running the new Firefox 3.5 then you can easily surgically remove the singletrack cookies, rather than taking the sledgehammer approach of clearing all cookies for all websites.

Just go to Tools->Options->Privacy and click "remove individual cookies"

Type "singletrack" in the search box and delete the ones it returns.

clubber
    Free Member

You can do that in windows by going into the cookies folder directly too 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

super, all I need now is the correct profile!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

tis back – top job chaps

tankslapper
    Free Member

Worked it out myself this morning. For a moment I thought I'd been banned 😛

MadBillMcMad

you may need to look for cookies that are http://www.singletrack as well as singletrack.

rs
    Free Member

and if your using google chrome, click the spanner then 'options' then 'under the hood' then 'show cookies' and you can search for the singletrack cookies there and delete them, panic over 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Tom – One thing you can do is add an extra setcookie line to purge the old settings for the first couple of weeks of the new site, or lower the cookie timeout just before rollout. Saves having to answer the same "why can't I log in question" loads of times

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'm OK in the hated Internet Exploder, but Chrome is knacked.

I've already deleted all the cookies titled singltrack. What others?

Damned if I'm deleting them all as it will take ages to build them up again.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK solved. There were some titled http://www.singletrackworld… that I missed first time

allankelly

I can post, so I'm OK. ALL MY BLOODY COOKIES ARE GONE THOUGH.

This is pretty poor. The hack at Christmas was arguably not your fault, but this is just an unprofessional lack of testing.

SO! to be constructive. Please invite/set up a pool of willing & knowledgeable users who'll UAT/sys-test changes prior to release. It's the cheapest and most effective way to dry-run your stuff.

Cheers, al.

scaredypants

firefox fans – try cookiesafe (even if you don't wear a tinfoil hat, it's good for dealing with cookies generally)

tomlevell

I can post, so I'm OK. ALL MY BLOODY COOKIES ARE GONE THOUGH.

This is pretty poor. The hack at Christmas was arguably not your fault, but this is just an unprofessional lack of testing.

Did you not think that just maybe rushing the site back online at Xmas has repercussions and one of them is this change that could not be forseen with a lack of proper testing back then?

No thought not much easier to knock the work being done.

Mark

Armchair engineers… Gotta love 'em 🙂

GrahamS

Armchair engineers… Gotta love 'em

Yup! A well-engineered armchair yesterday:

Anthro Verte

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Can't log in? – cookies are the issue’ is closed to new replies.