Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • parkesie
    Free Member

The wheels are pretty good they go tubeless very easily. Just pop valves in a pump up. After a few weeks of bashing through rocks there still round and tight. So far they just work and I’ve not been tempted to switch them.

Jason
    Free Member

I am not a fan of the wheels. They are narrower than I would prefer, I think the internal width is 19mm. They make a strange pinging sound when they take hard hits, I think this is the straight pull spokes moving. In the past I have had issues with Mavic wheels and hubs breaking, so slightly biased against them anyway. I find the tyres need too much pressure not to burp on hard cornering, the high pressure is fine in the dry, but gives no grip in the wet. I am currently waiting on some rims to build up new wheels with. Having said all that for just over £200 they are okay.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone want to swap their large Trigger 2 for a medium? Or sell their large?

pjbarton
    Free Member

I have some 650b stans crest wheels I had made up for my old Rush, c’dale lefty front, hope 2 eva back. I can get the spacers to make the rear fit (the trigger) but…

when I put the front wheel in, the disk doesn’t line up with the calliper.

Any standards experts out there? Is it just the shimano ICE being ‘fatter’? Or the calliper mounts?

Rorschach
    Free Member

The longer travel lefty supermax forks use a different hub spacing 😐 (runs off to double check if there is a converter).
    From cannondale “Both a SuperMax or Lefty wheel hub can be used with the SuperMax. The wheel hub must be matched with the correct brake adapter”.
    So just a dedicated brake mount then.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Thanks Rorschach, doesn’t sound too bad.

Not sure what to do – I weighed the Mavic front wheel and tyre, 200 grams more than my Stans with a cheap high roller on. 400g of rotating weight sounds like a big saving

kevin1911

Anyone know what front hubs are compatible then? I was about to order this but didn’t realise that there are different types of lefty.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

As was mentioned two posts back that will fit but you’ll need a brake adapter.. What you need is a Lefty Supermax hub.

kevin1911

Sorry, I misread that the first time.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I ordered a trigger 4 medium 27.5 on Saturday night. Not many reviews out there.
    Found these if anyone is interested. http://www.cannondale.com/nam_en/2015/bikes/mountain/overmountain/trigger-29/trigger-29-3
    Do you think paul cycles would set the bike up and send it to me tubeless?
    Has anyone strava times had good improvements?
    My mate just upgraded from a 2007 giant reign to a YT capta carbon. He is destroying a lot of KOM.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Do you think paul cycles would set the bike up and send it to me tubeless?

Probably not.No.
    He is destroying a lot of KOM.
    I am having so having this on T-Shirt .

crazymac680
    Free Member

Lol I wouldn’t say it to his face but he knocked 1 min off a 5 min track. That bike gave him some mega confidence.

jaylittle
    Free Member

simon_g posted this one earlier in the thread.

Cannondale Trigger 4 Review

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

I feel like I’m approaching light speed on mine..

ajc
    Free Member

My in depth summary of my new trigger 4 after a 30 miler on Saturday.
    1. It’s big (an xl)
    2. It’s blue
    3. It’s better than my 12 year old ragged to death hustler.
    4. It’s cheap
    5. My average speed over a 30 mile ride was 9.5 mph which is approximately exactly the same as it always is.

What more do you need to know

binners

what colour dust caps have you opted for?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Mech hanger. I feel uncomfortable rding without a spare, is this it?
    clicky

Edit yes it is from the cannondale manual here.

ajc
    Free Member

Dustcaps. Well there’s a saga. I had two red ones but dropped one down the drain do had to raid my parts bin for a black one.

ajc
    Free Member

Having put a new shorter stem on (a bling Thompson as that’s all I could find in the right size) the only comments I got about my brand new bike on my first ride were both about the stem. I think says all you need to know about the trigger.

jet26
    Free Member

If anyone decides they don’t want their XL…..

trickyd444
    Free Member

Well I spotted this thread a week ago while looking for sub £1000 FS bikes.

Thank you.

And to think I was half heartedly looking at Boardmans and something called a Calibre Bossnut.

I spoke to the other half on Tuesday about the ‘possibility’ of getting a new bike in the end of year sales… and didn’t get a definite NO. So I ordered the Trigger 4 anyway and it arrived on Wednesday. Then we had a very different conversation.

Blown away how good this bike is for a grand. The only thing I’ll do is move the XTR discs over from old bike and order a Reverb Stealth if I can remotely(!)get away with it. I fitted tango orange DMR V12’s too.

My five year old hardtail is looking sorry for itself in the corner and has been put up for sale, never to be ridden by me again.

First ride was on saturday and it’s a peach. Climbs really well and soaks up everything on the way back down, very well damped. Huge grin factor!

The rear shock was squeaking to begin with while setting it up but I reset the negative pressure then followed the fox website instructions. No issues now whatsoever. I weigh 90kg and used the 82-86kg settings with one extra click out for rebound both forks and shock. Seems perfect with not too much bounce.

kevin1911

Well my Jekyll 2 arrived today. Took a while to get it set up. Seem to be having some odd things happening with the shock. After letting out the air on the -ve side, I inflate the +ve to the value suggested on the guide. But when I then go to inflate the -ve side, I can’t get it past about 60% of the suggested pressure before the shock starts extending itself and sitting into the sag.

Also, when doing the old push-down-on-the-saddle-to-the-suspension-move test, there’s a definite knocking sound coming from the shock when its in flow mode. It’s not there in elevate mode. Anyone else been having these issues?

crazymac680
    Free Member

I’m upgrading from a hard tail to full suspension for the first time. So huge change for me.
    I’m looking forward to doing the light speed in comfort

Jason
    Free Member

Kevin, not much help to you but mine sets up fine. I did post a link a few pages back showing how to setup the shock. When you screw the pump onto the +ve valve, it does need an extra twist to fully open the valve. I am not sure why, but seems like it is needed depending on pressure.

kevin1911

Thanks Jason – having done some more digging, I’m starting to think that the shock is faulty. I came across this which suggests others have had the same issue and have had to get the shock sort out by Fox. I’ll ring Pauls in the morning.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Kevin, check that link that Jason posted. If you don’t screw the pump on far enough you don’t pressurise both +ve chambers.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Anyone able to confirm that these bikes are using I Spec II or I Spec B?

kevin1911

Ispc B – I think Ispec II is only on M8000 stuff.

I’ve definitely been screwing the pump all the way on – the dial goes half way up, then all the way up after another turn.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for that.
    So your problem isn’t the inflation pressure then. Hmm, out of ideas, my Dyad has been excellent.
    Paul’s will sort you though.

paulkm
    Free Member

Kevin1911 – I had the same symptoms (when I tried to set the shock up for the second time). I followed the ‘reset’ instructions (basically no +ve, lots of -ve to reset, then empty) on the same MTBR thread and all was well – so maybe worth giving that a go.

kevin1911

Well well well! As a last ditch attempt to sort it, I followed the shock ‘reset’ process suggested by 8664 on that mtbr thread, and it seems to have worked. I can now get the correct -ve pressure without the shock extending, and the knocking sound has stopped too. Hope that’s it sorted and not a sign of things to come! On the plus side, I’ve had a very good work out today – pumping those shocks up is damn hard work!

kevin1911

Nice one Paul! Not just me then. Thanks.

longmover
    Free Member

Finally got out on my Trigger 4 on a commute, I felt thoroughly over biked but it was great fun!

I need to have a play with the rebound settings, other than that it feels good.

alpin
    Free Member

Can someone tell me the size stem I need for a Trigger 3… 1.5 or 1 1/8?

Cheers.

binners

That’ll be a 1.5″. I know that on paper there’s not much difference, but looking down at it when you’re on the bike, it looks like the top of a drainpipe

dbcooper
    Free Member

PS I can tell you that a 385mm lev integra does not go all the way into the seat tube, there is about 12mm sticking out, I raised it another couple of mmm to suit my height but there is no chance of full insertion. Oooer.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Also I have a 40mm Thompson x4 stem in 1.5″ in v good nick if anyone is interested.
    Unfortunalty I am away from home until friday so no pics until then.

Harry_the_Spider

JUST RIDE THE DAMN THINGS!

crazymac680
    Free Member

The trigger 4 has a deore freewheel. Does it split so I can add a granny gear if I put a single on the front?
    Will this fit the front deore crank?
    http://www.merlincycles.com/rsp-narrow-wide-chainring-77212.html
    104mm bcd 4 bolt pattern for anyone who can’t see the link.
    Thanks

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I want to ride my Jekyll Carbon 2 but it won’t arrive until Thursday
    And then I’m changing it to 1×11, changing the tyres to tubeless Nobbly NICs, fitting a new carbon bar and converting the redundant front shifter to a release for the dropper.
    Might change to my default WTB Volt saddle too.

In the meantime I will continue riding my Trigger 1 everyday.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.