Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cannondale Synapse Alu, any reviews?
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

I went into a bike shop today to look at road bikes. I said I wanted a comfortabel sportive style, opposed to an out and out racing machine and the guy suggested the Synapse is the most comfortable road bike of the lot. Now he could have suggested a Trek 2.1 (which would have been £100 more) or a Giant or a Perenello.

Interestingly he said it was the rear triangle which contributed to the comfort as much as the geometry. He also suggested a 54cm frame would suit me in the Cannondale but a 56cm in the Trek. I’m 5’10.

If anyone has a Synapse I’d be interested to hear your comments.

Also where do Cannondale make their carbon bikes? Far East or USA? It seems Trek make all theirs in the far east, apart from the 6 series OCLV at nearly £4K!!

Thanks

MM

peajay

I’ve been looking at road bikes too, I’m 5,11 and have found that I seem to fit 56 treks and specialized that I’ve tried in shops but on cannondale caad8 I felt better on a 54, and on a synapse the 56 was better?? Best try before you buy me thinks, good luck!
    PJ.
    I’m torn between the roubaix, secteur and synapse,

mema
    Free Member

I bought a synapse a month or so ago. It’s my first road bike and so far Ive done 500miles. Im really impressed by it. Very responsive and just really nice to ride, not too sure whatelse to say. Im 5’7 and got a 52 girlie bike, I have had to change the spacers for the bars and put a slightly longer steam on it, (a 54 may have been a better size for me) so if you are 5’10 i doubt a 54 would be big enough. I guess as always its better to try one out.
    Hope it helps.

alpin
    Free Member

over winter i worked on gran canaria at a “bike station”. the whole fleet was cannondale.

i didn’t see a single broken synapse, where as i saw countless hairline fractures in the super six frames.

customer seemed really pleased with them.

look at “free motion” website. they are now selling off last seasons bikes. they’ve been well ridden, but well looked after, too (generally).

if you contact them tell them Jay put you onto them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Synapse Alu, any reviews?’ is closed to new replies.