Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can you trust the classifieds
  • thekingofsweden

Due to the rather long thread re certain classified traders do you now find yourself not bothering to grab what looks like a bargain ?

Please note this is not a thread to re discuss other issues wich have already been done

clubber
    Free Member

All depends. Some things look dodgy (but probably aren’t) some you’re pretty confident are fine.

uplink
    Free Member

I tend to trust people – rarely backfires IME

I’ve just bought something today off here

bonj
    Free Member

I personally think if they’re a regular poster other than just in classifieds, i.e. they’re probably at least slightly well known, then it’s largely worth the risk.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yep i trust the classifieds, never had an issue with anyone off here – and i try and be a good seller – like most ppl on here also try to do IME

richc
    Free Member

yep, I try to avoid the traders tho as people buying from here to sell on ebay and vice versa seems to be against the ethics of the classifieds IMHO.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the classified on stw are great, its a real shame, as i’ve already said in a thread somewhere, that a culmination of recent events and revelations have soured them somewhat.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I try to avoid the traders tho as people buying from here to sell on ebay and vice versa seems to be against the ethics of the classifieds IMHO.

well said richc. perhaps the traders should be named as well.

clubber
    Free Member

It’s just plain against the rules actually…

barca
    Free Member

Karl Williams, Mikey What’s His Face, Lee Ten Names And Mulitple Issues, Hora and a handful of other chancers over the years versus thousands of straight forward transactions?
    Nah, it’s extemeley teniously akin to to saying “Eyam? they had the plague there, I’m not going to visit, I might catch it”
    Get yourself on the classifieds and buy some stuff. In fact, my supplier is due in this afternoon so I should be posting up some bargains 🙂 Some more freebies* too.

* subject to a donation to the site as you see fit.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve bought and sold a fair few bits off the classifieds, and I’m sure I’ll continue to do so – but I wouldn’t say I was well known on here, I tend to read a lot more than I post. I’m quite a trusting feller though, I guess.

carlphillips
    Free Member

my old thread ages ago named and shamed some regular ebay sellers from here, it gets my goat when i see people let something cheap go to a fellow stw’er only for it to be on ebay within the next day or two.

gizzardman
    Free Member

I’ve noticed a couple of very strange things being sold on the classifieds at the minute. Far too good, far too cheap, only a member for 1 week??? If it looks too good to be true it usually is.

shredder
    Free Member

mmm gizzardman I know what you mean.

Thanks
    Rich

gizzardman
    Free Member

No reply shredder?

shredder
    Free Member

No interestingly !

Wish I could be wrong but was curious to see what I might draw out with the questions and offer.

Just annoys me that someone may fall in.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Should the mods be made aware?

shredder
    Free Member

In my opinion yes, if some sort of rating/feedback system isn’t put in place quick. A lot of people are going to lose money and the classifieds will lose the trust/credibility it has been built on.

Rich

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have only bought one item here and was quite impressed. I checked out the users previous posts to see if they seemed legit or not.

Rockplough
    Free Member

As barca points out it seems to be a teeny tiny minority of sellers who have caused problems. I know the names and it wouldn’t stop me buying from others.

I’m by no means a massive poster here, but I’ve just sold my forks via STW to someone who doesn’t know me from adam. £170 via bank transfer based on trust. I (and my ‘customer’ obviously) reckon there are more decent people here than in general, and a bit of common sense and faith in people should see the classifieds continue.

Having said that a rating system couldn’t hurt.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Can you trust the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.