Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Can You Recommend Me Some Knee Pads Please
  • JimBowen
    Free Member

Whilst out on a ride last night i came a cropper on some flat single track after somehow managing to lose my front end?? as it was an unexpected fall and happened so quickly i fell quite awkwardly and my knee took a lot of the force of the impact.

Anyway, i woke up this morning with a rather sore and bruised knee so i'm thinking of investing in a pair of knee pads.

I'm not a hardcore DH or Freestyle rider so what knee pads would you recommend for XC/AM riding which would offer good protection and comfortable to wear with both shorts and long pants.

jedi

i like tsg all terrain or fuse soft cap bmx pads

JimBowen
    Free Member

Thanks Jedi……will check them out 😉

661 Kyle Strait pads also good.

Northwind

I love my Kyle Straits, on my second pair. Can ride all day in them no bother, they're warm but they're not at all restrictive or uncomfortable, and they're inexpensive. Lovely kit.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

661 Evo's here. Very comfy for all day rides as they are totally flexible, and not made of neoprene so not too hot for summer like most pads. More expensive than the Kyle Straits, but worth it

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I find the Evos are not as good a fit as the Straits. Whatever you do, try them on before parting with your cash

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

+1

Rockplough
    Free Member

Kyle Straits here too. Very good.

stevede
    Free Member

can recommend both 661 evo's and kyle straits,for all day comfort the evo's shade it but can't fault either to be honest. Are the evo's worth the extra, well prob not but if you can afford it then get them.

Coyote
    Free Member

Race Face Digs here.

stompy

661 Kyle Strait's here to……. bloody comfy, you forget your wearing them 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I'm 6ft 2 with quite skinny legs so I'm wondering what would be a good size to go for? Thanks. Kyle Strait 661's that is.

chakaping
    Free Member

My next kneepads will be Fox Launch Pro.

I wore my friend's round Kirroughtree and they were really comfy and light feeling, but seem to give a fair bit of protection (although it's hard to tell without crashing abviously).

Sizing is weird though, I'm usually a med, and L/XL was perfect fit for me.

Now does anyone lnow where I can get a pair less than the £45 RRP?

clancol
    Free Member

there's a magazine that just did an artical/review on knee pads.

can't remember what its called but got something todo with singletrack and the world 🙂

cabbage84
    Free Member

another one here for 661 kyle straits im 6 2 with skinny legs and I got the mediums and there fine plenty of velcro to adjust

smurf
    Free Member

clancol – what issue is the review in – I didn't spot it

smurf

elaineanne
    Free Member

ey another 661 fan here… you forget your wearing them… i wear them everytime i go out…you never know when your gonna get a big tumble and crack to the knee….best to wear pads ! 😉

goodgrief
    Free Member

the kyle straits seem to fall apart fairly quick and look tatty from what I've seen.
    I'm on raceface digs, very impressed with the comfort and protection so far. the only minor point is that the graphic print on the knee transfers to your toptube if you have a light coloured bike.

wors

Ixs hack here

clancol
    Free Member

Smurf it was this months.

D

mustard
    Free Member

I recently got some O'Neal Sinner knee pads – so far really comfortable and apparently the SAS-Tec memory foam knee cup is CEN compliant, unlike the d3o in 661 EVOs.

anthonyess
    Free Member

661 Evo's, bit expensive but good fit and do a good job.

Del

there's a magazine that just did an artical/review on knee pads.

can't remember what its called but got something todo with singletrack and the world

did half a test IMO. if they were really trying it would have had about double the number of test subjects, IMO.
    i like straits as suggested above.
    measure your legs for sizing. i read about that somewhere before ordering mine. they sit about 2" up your leg and 1" down off the centre of your kneecap IIRC.

neninja
    Free Member

I tried 661 Kyle Straits but seemed to be between sizes.

Now got some Fox Launch Pro and they are perfect.

Try to find somewhere stocking a few types and try them all on.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Can You Recommend Me Some Knee Pads Please’ is closed to new replies.