Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can you recommend a hard-tail mountain bike?
  • calproc
    Free Member

i want a mountain bike that i can take off road, into urban areas and long distanced bike rides. looking to spend around £600.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I can reel you off a list of sub £600 bikes that will do all of that. You perhaps need to think carefully as to what your priorities are, as it’s always a compromise.

Before I say “Spesh Hardrock / Rockhopper”, you need to drop by a few bike shops and book test rides.

calproc
    Free Member

i went to the bike shop today and had a look at a marin iron springs disc and a scott aspect 30

Kevevs
    Free Member

You could get a lot of virtually-unused-bike on classifieds for that money. Where’s Hora?

spudly1979
    Free Member

Board mans are 20 percent off at mo? The spec looks v good for the money.

+1 on 2nd tho, you’ll. Get a lot of bike for 600

spudly1979
    Free Member

Bloody autocorrect!

+1 for 2nd hand. You’ll get a lot of bike for 600!

elaineanne
    Free Member

i thort boardmans BB were crap tho ? so i heard….
    there’s some cheap cube bikes around at the moment…leisurelakes bikes have a few in stock…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Have a look at the Edinburgh Bike Co-Op sale, their own brand stuff is good value at normal prices.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Frame
    Groupset
    Wheels
    Fork.

All that lot is around £550, add tyres a bit of second hand “finishing kit” from the classifieds and Roberts your fathers brother.

The frame will take a rack and 700c tyres and for the price is great.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Crikey… I think Neils has it.

I’m shopping for a do it all hardtail frame myself to go with a spare set of Pikes. *Bookmarks*

Kevevs
    Free Member

Good one Neils. That’s cracking, ditch the recons and get second hand pikes. Feed someone off here some beer and cake to stick it together. Sorted. Nice bike.

calproc
    Free Member

i might do what neil said thanks for the replies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend a hard-tail mountain bike?’ is closed to new replies.